• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

HW/Weihrauch Looping

crowski

Dec 14, 2020
On, Canada
I’ve got 3 rifles that are major loopers. HW77k, HW97k both .25 and HW30 .22. They’re my favorites for plinking. I scored 10 tens of lead .25 cal. yesterday to meet demands. You shoot, it’s like a delay action when finally hitting their mark. Also more often than not you can watch its path, especially in the winter with a snow background.
This is my 77 .25. As adictive as heroin.
IMG_8308.jpeg

Accurate, you bet, no different than their relatives .22, .20 and .177. And when it hits my bell targets at 47 yds. through a 1 inch hole it pounds it.
On my range I have targets at 25, 30, 35, 42 and 47 yds. I have no problem adjusting.
I have no problem with the other calibers which I have more of, I just enjoy these more. I would really like a 98 and a R9 in .25. Fisher got me hooked on the 98 .25 idea. I’ve tried ordering but since Covid, Weihrauch won’t send .20 or .25 to Canada.
‘Anyone else like to lob lead?
Crow

I’ve got 3 rifles that are major loopers. HW77k, HW97k both .25 and HW30 .22. They’re my favorites for plinking. I scored 10 tens of lead .25 cal. yesterday to meet demands. You shoot, it’s like a delay action when finally hitting their mark. Also more often than not you can watch its path, especially in the winter with a snow background.
This is my 77 .25. As adictive as heroin.
View attachment 452119
Accurate, you bet, no different than their relatives .22, .20 and .177. And when it hits my bell targets at 47 yds. through a 1 inch hole it pounds it.
On my range I have targets at 25, 30, 35, 42 and 47 yds. I have no problem adjusting.
I have no problem with the other calibers which I have more of, I just enjoy these more. I would really like a 98 and a R9 in .25. Fisher got me hooked on the 98 .25 idea. I’ve tried ordering but since Covid, Weihrauch won’t send .20 or .25 to Canada.
‘Anyone else like to lob lead?
Crow
That is nice,what stand is that?

That is nice,what stand is that?
Protector model. I like it. Crow
My HW30 in .22 gets more range time than any of my others. It’s amazing how accurate it is, just takes a different path.
Ya I’m the same . Once I start with any of the three, I have a hard time putting down. Crow
I love the big and slow stuff at longer ranges. In the right sunlight its always fun to see the pellet drop in through the top of your scope onto the target
Longer the range, the more delay. So predictable. Crow
Loves me some .25 ,but mine are all big boys .. I plink with R7 .20 , .22 Longbow, and .20 Longbow. I despise .177
can’t see um or Finger them to load and they have no knock down power. (sorry all you R7 .177 ,Carlos Hathcock snipers).
I have a problem with the .177 as well. Can’t beat the .25 with a club. Crow
I'm glad you and Jeff are enjoying your rifles. Jeff more so for personal reasons. I never warmed up to looping trajectories. Most everything I have shoots 700 fps plus. The flatter the better for me. Different strokes.....
Thanks. That’s part of my challenge having guns all different. Crow

Reactions: Bandito
I’m with Mycapt65. I prefer 650-750 fps. Don’t care for the extremes on either side. Not a fan of 177 unless shooting indoors or a at least a heavy weight 177 pellet. I love shooting my Hatsan 135 .25 caliber. At around 750 fps it really hits hard. Trajectory is still flat enough for me. When I feel the need to loop, I’ll get out my slingshot.

I’m with Mycapt65. I prefer 650-750 fps. Don’t care for the extremes on either side. Not a fan of 177 unless shooting indoors or a at least a heavy weight 177 pellet. I love shooting my Hatsan 135 .25 caliber. At around 750 fps it really hits hard. Trajectory is still flat enough for me. When I feel the need to loop, I’ll get out my slingshot.
I have 5-6 slingshots and a deadly shot. Their no where near the same.
All I’m saying with the looping is, it’s so calculating with its accuracy with these rifles. Dead nuts on at 47 yds. every time. Crow
I do like to loop when shooting my 22lr. I shoot standard velocity out to 330 yards. I aim at tiny stones in the bank. I can see the misses in the dirt sprays. It’s a blast. I’d call that looping, I guess.
Have very little experience with rim fires. I have a beautiful Weihrauch rim fire, 2 years, never fired. Thinking of moving it, its taking valuable space. Recently got a Vickers falling block. Shot it twice. It was cool, but I like the springers better. Crow
When I want to "shoot the loop" I use .177 H&N Baracuda 10.65's in my HW30. 😀 I have to use the bottom box of my scope reticule to hit a can at 55 yards, comes in like mortar! 😳
But with accuracy. I have the JSB 10.35 same weight as the Hades. Crow
I will be 79 this sept. and i am doing the same but shorter targets . using .177 and 350 to 500 FPS @ 30 yards and 48 yards . yes it loops !
But predictable. Happy birthday Stan, just in case I forget. Can’t remember what I did last night. Crow
The question is: Is it looped or lobbed??
Same thing only different. Again it’s watchable and accurate. What’s wrong with that?
In the winter, snow is my background. It’s so easy to watch the flight of a .25 from the 77 or 97. To watch the arcing is really cool especially when it pounds its mark. Can’t beat it for plinking. Have a hard time putting these down for the next.
If I was on the hunt. Different story, R9 .20, HW98 .20, HW50 .20, this is a long list. Crow
Technically it is lobbed but loop kinda rhymes with shoot. 👍

It kinda reminds me of the amazing accuracy of the Ukraine’s artillery. Crow