• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Looking To Set Up an Iguana Hunt in Puerto Rico

I'll be staying in San Juan, and I'd like to keep the trip relatively close by (around Caguas) if possible. Does anyone have any contact info on a legitimate company doing this? I want to bring my own gun, and if I can get this trip solidified in the next day or so, I will just plan to leave my airgun home, rather than dealing with the whole process of declaring a firearm at the airport, and all that.

Any info much appreciated!

get on the fone to the airlines you'll be using and ask them what the process is for flying with a "pellet gun". Most folks know what a pellet gun is.... Get that person's name

get on line to that carrier's website, find and print their website that deals with flying with weaposn etc. Have those in hand when you arrive at the bagge check station....

Declare it as an airgun. If it is a bottle gun make sure the valve is out so TSA can look inside. Don't let them put a firearm sticker on the case. You may have to talk to the TSA supervisor. I did that in Seattle and Houston where I changed planes. They recognized it as an airgun and said no sticker. Good idea about having TSA website paper work.

Good info from you both!

I had did my diligence, and checked out the airlines to make certain I was in compliance. But I didn't think of specifically stating that I was shipping an airgun, and to get names of people from the airline that I talked to, along with printing out the airlines policies!

I have a tentative trip scheduled, and I awaiting authorization from the State Department that I can travel with my ATN Scope due to ITAR restrictions. 

Thanks a bunch!

Watch this video from Sam Woods. He went there and had a terrible experience with the guide he originally set up with but was able to fix it by the next day.

Start at 26:25 in the video where he explains what happened and introduces the guy he went with high marks. Hope this helps.

He also covers how to handle getting your guns to the country.

https://youtu.be/KUb3xAa68ns