Looking to purchasing a 30 caliber

Definitely not the dreamlite in .30 cal IMHO you would be better off with the crown or an impact in .30 cal . They have larger valves and porting . The dreamlight is super duper in .25 and .22 IMO. lol I just think in .30 you need to step it up a little haha. You are free to try but I think if my choice was a uragan .30 and a dreamlite I would pick the uragan for the power. 

If I had to chose between Uragan and Crown/Impact I would go Crown /Impact every time all day long but this is just me. 😉

😁 You are very welcome ! I am sure some of the others should chime in pretty soon as well. lol There are a lot of very knowledgeable folks around here and the more you research and ask the more likely you are to get what you are hoping for the first time 👍👊. Take it all in and then run it through the filter. No owns knows better than you what you are wanting and would like to do with it so keep asking .

I wish you the very best !

Scott in NC😁

Had/have both. Do you like to tinker? Impact. Do you like to charge your rifle up, know it'll work perfectly and punch hard after sitting for a week or two in a case? Uragan.

The Uragan feels every bit as good as the impact, and is just one solid machine that hasn't ever let me down. The impact- great rifle- looses an o-ring the morning of a turkey hunt. Or develops a hiccup that takes you two or three sessions to figure out. Or degasses as you squeeze the trigger on a ground squirrel you spent an hour sneaking up on.

The Impact- customizable, infinitley adjustable, but you always have to keep an eye on it.

Uragan- go shoot, it'll perform exactly like it did all the other times you took it out. 

I still have my .30 Uragan. I sold my Ernest Rowe massaged impact to get it. 

Uragan- one barrel shoots slugs and pellets v. well.

Impact-you buy the starter kit and then buy the slug barrel, which shoots pellets well, but wasn't available off the shelf w the rifle already.

You might get a bad barrel insert or have to chrony for a bit to determine the tune. That's big fun the first few times, btw and you'll learn alot. So if you like that and need a journey to find nirvana, the Impact is your ticket.

I've done been down that road, and needed a coyote, turkey and pig gun that can take a licking and hit a ground squirrel at 100 yards without a bunch of grooming. Anyone who has tried the Uragan wants one. Especially after a year or so, when it just keeps doing the Timex thing and keeps on ticking. 

But I truly respect what the Impact can do when properly loved.

I am very happy for Oakhonor and his honest opinion on his experiences that he has had 👊. If you look in the other threads here on the forums you will see that this occurs in just about all makes and models of airguns. There is another fellow that is currently fighting a .30 cal uragan with accuracy problems and a large extreme spread. He is not the first and will not be the last I am sure and same with the impacts lol. My past has been just the opposite of Oakhonors lol. It is crazy I know and I mean no disrespect to him at all. 😉 

This is what I meant by doing the home work and research to get what is best for you lol. My impact has been flawless and perfect from day one and I guess his uragan has been the same for him. It is just part of it . Just take the time to listen to all and then research , research , and a lil more haha. 

Like I said in the beginning if between the dreamline and the uragan I would go uragan and between uragan and Crown /Impact I chose Crown/Impact haha. To each there own and we are all different and that is fine bye me.👌

Rangur1 ==had a good suggestion in the wildcat as well . 

I just figured if the dreamline had appealed to you the crown and impact may as well be an option for the available caliber changes and mods No worries ! at all.

There are some truths in what has been stated by all so far. I have had several Crowns all shot awesome but 1 out of the bunch only made 838 feet per second outta the box and all the others would make around 860's and up in .30 cal . With a few small changes they went even farther but not outta the box lol. I got 860 + with the slower one just by adding a small spacer behind the hammer spring lol it cost me .08 cents at the hardware store lol. I bought the arrow barrel kit for it and had a blast playing with that and messing with the hammer weight mods and so on. 

Nothing has beat the impacts so far with me but I have had fun not stress playing around with them lol. It was a little daunting at first but there are tons of info. and helpful people always willing to assist those who ask here on the forums. 

a hard hitting airforce gun in .30 cal is great for some just not my cup of tea. I just cannot do the uragan full time as I like all the choices and options available with the impact. If you go Uragan and you get a goodone Like Oakhonor did then that is what you got a good one. I will still go impact and have long version ,compact version, bench gun, hunting gun, big clips ,little clips, extra add ons galour in all kinds of flavors like Krawford and lipt, Saber tactical , and many more. Also I will admitingly go broke buying all this stuff as well for the impact hahaha

Two more very reliable options for a .30 cal are the raw and the .30 fx boss but both are pretty long rigs so again you know what appeals to you the most. I will quite rambling now and again wish you the very best in your search haha. 

Filter on research started and let the choices flow haha.

I would look and place a WTB ad for a R5 Edgun .30 if your not sold on the Uragan. I owned the Uragan which was a great rifle, tons of shots, loved slugs, and a very comfortable gun to shoot. I however just got my hands on a R5 Super Long and man I love it. I've always really like shooting a gun single shot especially the .30s and it's awesome. The Uragan was very difficult to single load which honestly the mags work very well and easy so not an issue to most but I do like to single load most the time. Also it's a simple gun that's easy to work on and extremely rugged. Those are the guns I prefer. But yeah I'd consider a Boss, Crown or Impact over the Dreamline anyday for a .30

I can vouch for the r5 superlong it’s one bad @$$ gun. I very much enjoy it. my leshiy with a .30 barrel in it is a hoot. Makes a good trap checking gun and there isn’t much it can’t put down. But ... the compact impact in .30 is a pulling at my strings. I have no shame in shooting a low power .30 or one super hopped it me it’s a great do all. I will most finishing selling off my last .25 and just stick to .30 and .22. I have a tiapan and with a can on the front it’s crazy how quiet it is