• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Looking to pull the trigger on an Evanix Max Air

I'm new to the PCP world having been a springer fan for about 10 years. Owned a TX200 MKII, Prosport, and now my only air rifle a TX200HC.

I'm in love with the Evanix Max Air, planning to get this in .22. Does anyone use the Nomad II air compressor to fill their Max Air?

Any cons to the Max Air? I've read miss feeds happening but assume that was with the earlier generations/models and that the magazine has been revised.

Reactions: Prospector Tripp
I don’t know, I personally would not spend money on Evanixes (other than maybe the AR6). I’d consider other very good options:

https://www.airgunsofarizona.com/precharged-pcp/brocock-sniper-xr/

https://www.airgunsofarizona.com/precharged-pcp/kalibr-cricket-standard-synthetic/

https://www.airgunsofarizona.com/precharged-pcp/daystate-renegade-hp-black-synthetic-bullpup/

https://utahairguns.com/taipan-veteran-standard/

https://utahairguns.com/zbroia-kozak-tactical-bullpup/

(I put only bullpups there just because that Evanix is a bull pup)

Unless you are looking for semi-auto, I’d get one of those. 

AK

If semi auto, then sure, though I would seriously think about it. I’ve heard some pretty nasty QC problems associated with Evanix. The only think I can say in this case is get a Hatsan, which isn’t much better. To be honest I don’t know why you would want semi auto (more things can go wrong, a side lever will be more dependable, and I think people hunt with bolt action guns for a reason? Other than hunting, why would you want a semi-auto gun?). I’d get a Vulcan 2 off of Krale and have something that won’t break on me and will be very accurate. At least for a first PCP, I would stay away from semi auto. Just my 2c

AK

What is it that you would do with your PCP (if you first get an entry level one and see if you like it)? Only hunt small game? If so, the Hatsan Flash is for you. Have fun with it + hunt small game? Nova Vista Liberty or Air Venturi Avenger. Target shoot + hunt? NVL or AVA. Basically if you want to hunt small game but also do something else then get the NVL or AVA. The Hatsan flash is IMO only good for Hunting because of the ridiculously low shot count. Use the entry gun to see if you like the sport (trust me, PCPs are on a whole other level), and then maybe learn how to tune it so you get a better understanding of PCPs. 

AK

I'm new to the PCP world having been a springer fan for about 10 years. Owned a TX200 MKII, Prosport, and now my only air rifle a TX200HC.

I'm in love with the Evanix Max Air, planning to get this in .22. Does anyone use the Nomad II air compressor to fill their Max Air?

Any cons to the Max Air? I've read miss feeds happening but assume that was with the earlier generations/models and that the magazine has been revised.

Might be less information available about the Evanix line, and notably the Max Air, than for many guns. At least it seems so as I've seen little information on them in comparison to say the Huben or the LCS. Bottom line is ANYTHING can have problems and if YOU like a particular gun then buy what YOU want. Opinions are fine but only yours will ultimately matter to you.

Might be less information available about the Evanix line, and notably the Max Air, than for many guns. At least it seems so as I've seen little information on them in comparison to say the Huben or the LCS. Bottom line is ANYTHING can have problems and if YOU like a particular gun then buy what YOU want. Opinions are fine but only yours will ultimately matter to you.

+1 I can have my opinion but get what you want and like. 

AK

I don't know why everyone beats up on Semi Auto's. That is all I own anymore. Huben K1's .22cal. Matter fact I have 2 of them. Love them! Great hunting gun. Everything is adjustable external, shoot pellets or slugs, great ergonomics, quiet, great triggers. I have owned several and I mean several airguns, from FX, Daystate, Evanix, Benjamin, on and on. Sold them all. What fits my needs is the Huben K1. 

The problem with Huben K1 is everyone doesn't know much about them or heard bad stories about them and just decide to bash them or say they are junk. They need to be educated about them. They are truly great Hunting airguns. 

I don't know why everyone beats up on Semi Auto's. That is all I own anymore. Huben K1's .22cal. Matter fact I have 2 of them. Love them! Great hunting gun. Everything is adjustable external, shoot pellets or slugs, great ergonomics, quiet, great triggers. I have owned several and I mean several airguns, from FX, Daystate, Evanix, Benjamin, on and on. Sold them all. What fits my needs is the Huben K1. 

The problem with Huben K1 is everyone doesn't know much about them or heard bad stories about them and just decide to bash them or say they are junk. They need to be educated about them. They are truly great Hunting airguns.

I have no first hand experience but I view the Evanix line in question the same way. I've seen just a few reports on them and nothing bad really jumped out. I considered buying one a while back but I like really good triggers on my rifles and the Evanix seemed to show a somewhat long (possibly "mushy"?) trigger so I didn't get one. Would still like to try one and may at some point. The LCS SK-19 really interests me these days as well. And I don't even hunt anymore so it's just the interest factor for me.

AEA has some decent seeming semi's not too many reviews that I've seen. Its probably the closet to Evanix semi's.

https://www.aeaairgun.us.com/

Hubens triggers remind me of double action powder burners, the first shot is trash then if you don't let it fully reset foward the following shots are OK. I wouldn't buy it again or recommend it, mine gave me problems since 5 minutes after I opened the box. Too much play between the stock and receiver, with only the power wheel holding the rear on and a push out pin holding the front in, I think I would've enjoyed mine more if I wasn't expecting the 80ft lb .22 powerhouse. Tuned to 45ish ft lbs or less its alot better.

I've had issues where my Huben would fire random shots with me not even anywhere near the rifle, other times it would go into a low power full auto mode when I pulled the trigger once. I've accidentally shot cleaning rods thru my ceiling not being able (or knowing) to properly degas the gun to clear a pellet/slug jammed in the mag (which often requires a 100% disassembly of the gun to clear!!). Then once I learn how to degas the gun THAT SCREW became stripped and now it leaks from that hole and locked the action or trigger rendering the rifle BROKEN!

At least with leaky FX's, daystates, hatsans, evanix's....etc there's a actual company to complain to and seek restitution but with Huben thats not exactly the case.

IraLite- Hubens triggers remind me of double action powder burners, the first shot is trash then if you don't let it fully reset foward the following shots are OK. I wouldn't buy it again or recommend it, mine gave me problems since 5 minutes after I opened the box. Too much play between the stock and receiver, with only the power wheel holding the rear on and a push out pin holding the front in, I think I would've enjoyed mine more if I wasn't expecting the 80ft lb .22 powerhouse. Tuned to 45ish ft lbs or less its alot better.

I've had issues where my Huben would fire random shots with me not even anywhere near the rifle, other times it would go into a low power full auto mode when I pulled the trigger once. I've accidentally shot cleaning rods thru my ceiling not being able (or knowing) to properly degas the gun to clear a pellet/slug jammed in the mag (which often requires a 100% disassembly of the gun to clear!!). Then once I learn how to degas the gun THAT SCREW became stripped and now it leaks from that hole and locked the action or trigger rendering the rifle BROKEN!

At least with leaky FX's, daystates, hatsans, evanix's….etc there's a actual company to complain to and seek restitution but with Huben thats not exactly the case.

That's funny. I have adjusted all the Huben triggers from factory setting to around 1 3/4- 2lb pull with either a 2 stage or single stage. As far as service, I service all my own and have great service and parts Cust. service from Krazy Cool airguns. He beats several known Dealers across the states.

And again sounds like people are not educated enough to own a Huben. Huben has several videos on how to service, operate the rifle.

As far as AEA, I was told by the Dealer that they are a tinkering rifle. Which means they need polished and tweaked.

O e of the 2 HUBENS I have broke twice already. I would recommend the LCS SK19 instead have 4 of them (2 are for spares just in case but that's just ME though) and no issues yet crazy fun on full auto!!! I have one Carbon edition MAX Air2 shooting cheap Wal-Mart 14.3gr CROSMAN Premier Hollow points pretty darn accurate like under an inch at 50-60 yards no problems. I just bought a STEYR PRO-X bullpup semiauto just yesterday. It SHOULD BE GOOD IDK HOPE SO!!! Yo!

What did you get? 

I got into this sport because of the leaps semi automatic big bores have come. A max 357 is one I own and bought it because of all the reviews I saw on how they hold air forever. 

I am curious what you decided on since I'm going to add another semi automatic here and it was between the new Max 30. Or the SK19 30.

I'm leaning towards the SK19 because of the dual bottle's and being all set up for slugs. 

Cheers

Mark