LOOKING TO GO AIRGUN SHOOTING ON PRIVATE LAND... ANYONE OUT THERE?

HEY ALL,

I LIVE IN EASTON PA FORKS TOWNSHIP.

LOOKING FOR AIRGUN ENTHUSIASTS TO SHOOT ON PRIVATE PROPERTY (OPEN LAND). 

I WANTED LAND, MY WIFE WANTED A POOL... SHE WON.

I CURRENTLY HAVE THE FOLLOWING:

M3 IMPACT .35 CAL

M3 IMPACT .25 CAL

.30 FX CROWN CONTINUUM 

.50 UMAREX HAMMER

LCS .30 CAL

AVENGER .22

EVANIX CLOUD ULTRA .30 CAL

EVANIX AIR SPEED .25 CAL

AGT VIXEN .177 CAL

AEA HP MAX .35 CAL

DAY STATE HUNTSMAN REGAL .22 CAL

AEA CHALLENGER .35 CAL

JUMBO DAZZLE .25 CAL

I WENT TO THE LOCAL SHOOTING RANGE BUT ITS NOT THE SAME AS SHOOTING FREELY AT ANYTHING YOU WANT... 

Have you checked out the “onX Hunt” app? I have had it for four years now (big game hunting) and for the $30.00 per year it is invaluabIe. I wish the satellite imagery was kept up to date. Basically a plot map book on steroids with many overlays that you can choose. I have used it along with simple hunting permission papers I keep in my truck to gain access to some great airgun hunting. I also sit within earshot of the farmers at the local breakfast joint, that works too. I am all set up with one farmer who is excited for me to help in the spring with some critters digging uder his barns.

Good luck

This thread is a little old and i have nothing to offer OP but I would like to comment for anyone who reads this and is not sure how to go about acquiring permissions.

Almost three years ago, a friend I met through air gunning mentioned seeing a boat load of pigeons on two silos at a dairy farm near my home. Turns out I had just recently met the owners son so I asked for permission for the two of us. He invited us to speak to his father and we were welcomed with open arms. We have been pesting there ever since.

A few months ago the same buddy stopped at another farm farther away, he saw loads of pigens, They were happy to have us come remove pests whenever we want, from hosps starlings and pigeons to groundhogs, fox and crows etc.
This farm raises dairy cows but does not milk them. It is tough shooting, the silos are tall and the shots are all 72 yds or more.

So last week we were at the second permission, had had our fill and were calling it a day, and left to drive around and explore a bit.
We did not get far when we saw another farm with silos and a load of pigeons, so we stopped and asked. Sure go ahead but check in whenever you want to come back. We shot there for a while, it was another dairy farm but not optimal for two shooters.

We left there and found a larger farm with loads of pigeons on the silos, met an older gentleman on a tractor who I don't believe ever stopped smiling. His sons run the farm but he was sure they would not mind so we got right to it. He said he would give us a test run, by the time we left he told us we could come back any time.

This was last Sunday, we did not run into a problem on our quests but might not be the best day of the week to knock on doors asking to hunt. Our first permission is a mennonite family and we are asked not to hunt there on Sundays which of course we do not question.

Our story when we introduced ourselves was that we were just shooting pests on another local farm...
We already smelled like the previous farm(s) which may or may not have been a benefit, I'm going with- it did help us.

We have not yet been turned away, we show up, start a friendly, honest and respectful introductory conversation getting to the point quickly.

What we found by the end of last Sunday was that the reward for us was not the pests we were able to shoot, but was the the fact that in todays world, being the way it sometimes is, two total strangers are able to show up on a farm, with guns in the truck ready to go if allowed, strike up a conversation and then given free reign to shoot pests at will on their property.

No babysitting, and when you run into the folks later they are somewhat excited to see the pile of pests you have removed quietly and safely.

Apologies that this got so long.

When I'm out driving, my head is always scanning for land with varmints on them. Once I've located a possible permission, I approach the landowner and have a very open and candid conversation with them about there infestation, offering my services, which are free. I've been asked numerous times what I charge and with a smile tell them I want to maintain my amateur status.
Then I present a form that acts as both a written permission, revocable at any time, and a liability release for any injuries that I might endure while on thier land. It also makes me liability for any damages I cause by my actions. They get a signed copy and I keep a copy on me with my hunting license. So far , that approach has worked well and when the permission sees progress , word spreads fast to thier neighbors creating more opportunities.
Good luck, suck in up and ask. The worst thing that could happen is they say no, the best, well I've already outlined that .
Hope this helps.
1 other thing, I always contact the local law enforcement and tell them of my "plinking " intentions. No swat teams needed.

We have been discussing printing up a flier or a "business" card so that the land owners will have contact information if need be so they feel more comfortable. Has not been requested but would probably help ease any anxiety they may have. Could also lead to referrals.

Where we are operating, each of these farm owners has had someone or someones hunt their pigeons and other pest birds with shotguns and some have guys shooting their whistle pigs or fox with ARs or the like.

Not too worried about local restrictions but I feel lucky that way. They all have given permission to hunt deer in season and according to the law to a few people. No us but we will keep our ears open for any openings. ;)