• The AGN App is ready! To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Looking to get my first .22 or .25

Been reading up on all the latest in PCPs after not following very closely. Lots happening. I'm joining a gun range near my home and will have a chance to shoot at 50 and 100 yards and want a long range gun. Would be curious to get your thoughts on the following (or add options). Not new to airguns and fine with tinkering. I've rebuilt many springers and custom built my Anschutz and recently refurbed a Thomas electronic model. Owned all manner of .177 and had visions of FT but time and space for now, something with long range, bench and plinking will be my best bet.

1. FX Impact X: Reasoning, seems to the pinnacle of FX development right now. Swappable barrels including the new slug barrels (which are based on Matt Dubber's work?!). Compact, CF bottle, great aftermarket mag. 

2. FX Crown: Also highly rated and well built. More traditional stock styling. Can this do the slug barrel like above??

3. FX Warcat: I like how it looks with the custom work from Utah Airguns - same question on the slug barrel.

4. Brocock Bantam Sniper HR - like how it looks, good price and hey, it won EBR this year

5. WARP Flex - Made in USA. I like Jim Gaska's past work. Utilitarian.

6. RTI Priest - Cheaper, looks robust and simple. The remote line option is kind of cool.

So which one and why? Those are the ones I'm currently considering. Excited to be here.

Casey

You seem to prefer the FX line, as do I. You also describe an ability to handle the Impact without being intimidated. The FX Impact is a great air rifle. I currently own 3. I have an FX Impact X in .22 caliber setup to deliver the "Redesigned" JSB 25.4 grain pellets at 850 FPS. I have an Impact X setup in .25 caliber to push the JSB 34 grain pellet at 860+ FPS. And last, but certainly not least is my Impact -- tuned by Ernest Rowe -- to push the JSB 34 grain pellets at 925 -933 FPS.

The FX Impact is definitely cutting edge and versatile. My recommendation is the FX Impact X, hands down.

I own and love my impact .25cal but believe all your choices would be great. A friend has a wildcat in .25cal with huma reg that shoots amazing too. The Brocock that won EBR from what i understand wasn't stock and had a redwolf barrel or so i heard somewhere. Did i say I love my impact? The crown also won the EBR this year. Good luck whatever you chose.

Any of those would be great PLUS a pile of others, like Edgun, Taipan, Vulcan....

One thing though, I've seen a bit of misinformation on this site about EBR and am wondering what event the Crown won? Being there, I saw the Red Wolf win 3 events and the Sniper win the main. The Crown is a great rifle.... I own one. I like it a lot. It won last year, though. 

Bob 

Any of those would be great PLUS a pile of others, like Edgun, Taipan, Vulcan....

One thing though, I've seen a bit of misinformation on this site about EBR and am wondering what event the Crown won? Being there, I saw the Red Wolf win 3 events and the Sniper win the main. The Crown is a great rifle.... I own one. I like it a lot. It won last year, though. 

Bob

Won extreme benchrest in the sportsmans class. Top 3 places there and won AFT in extreme class.

http://www.extremebenchrest.com/2018-extreme-benchrest-results/

Well I've only owned one on your list and absolutely love it. The Wicked Air Rifles WARP COBRA. Have it in .22 at the moment but used to have a .30 barrel for it as well. Both incredibly accurate and shot sub MOA at 100yds with the .30. The .22 is very very accurate as well just never shot that far with it yet on paper but nailed many ground squirrels out that far. I've heard the .25s are very accurate as well.