• The AGN App is ready! To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

N/A Looking to get into PCP

Whats everyones thoughts on the air venturi compressors? Specifically the rovair.

And for glass, Im not a big fan of high powered optics without an unmagnified offset sight. I really like lpvos, especially because at high power things like parallax become an issue and I really dont think Ill be shooting THAT far so even though the Arkens appear to be a great value, Sig Sauers Tango-MSR 1-6 LPVO looks to be an awesome value

Whats everyones thoughts on the air venturi compressors? Specifically the rovair.

And for glass, Im not a big fan of high powered optics without an unmagnified offset sight. I really like lpvos, especially because at high power things like parallax become an issue and I really dont think Ill be shooting THAT far so even though the Arkens appear to be a great value, Sig Sauers Tango-MSR 1-6 LPVO looks to be an awesome value
AV (Cheap) Compressor: China
Sig Tango MSR: China

Leupold LVPO: USA
Vortex Viper PST 1-6x: Philippines
Air Venturi EC-3000 EVO Compressor: England (made by Hill)

Arken EPL-4 is my most expensive scope and I really like it except for the combination of FFP and a really fine reticle. It is a 6-24 and the reticle is not visible at 6X and barely visible at 8X. I like 6-24 for airguns because you can hunt at 6X easily and 24X is good for short range target shooting.

I also like my Athlon Talos 6-24. It is SFP so 6X is fully usable and it is almost as clear as the Arken despite costing over $100 less. I also really like my Vector Veyron SFP 6-24. Only place I know of to get it is Krale but I got it for under $200 delivered. Really nice size for my small bullpups (P35s). If you don't want to shoot targets semi seriously a decent 4-16 is probably also a good option. All these scopes would be available in that magnification range too.

I kind of hate to help China too but that country is very good to us airgunners. You can avoid buying stuff made in China but the alternatives are all significantly more expensive. I just hold my nose and buy it. My Yong Heng is working very well for me despite it's low price tag. The only China made airgun device that just totally did not work for me is a fill set for my used SCBA tank. I gather from peoples comments that have been shooting airguns a lot longer than I have that China made barrels were pretty horrible not that many years ago. But one of my Chinese made P35s has shot better than my Air Maks Caiman (CZ barrel) and another is tied with it on 30 yard challenge targets. There is at least a 3X price difference. The Air Maks is noticably better machined but doesn't shoot better and isn't more fun to shoot due mainly to the +1.5 lb weight.

Alright boys, AoA sweet talked me. I got the BSA R10 SE in .22 and the EC3000 for 1798.99 to my door. WAY more than I was wanting to spend but buy once cry once, right. On tacswap rn looking for an optic. What's everyone's preference for ammo considering I want to single handedly make starlings go extinct worldwide this year?

Alright boys, AoA sweet talked me. I got the BSA R10 SE in .22 and the EC3000 for 1798.99 to my door. WAY more than I was wanting to spend but buy once cry once, right. On tacswap rn looking for an optic. What's everyone's preference for ammo considering I want to single handedly make starlings go extinct worldwide this year?
If it shoots CHP's "Yer in like Flynn! lol

Reactions: TacticalBucket
JSB Hades/FX Atomics are probably the best hunting pellets available right now. But a swift HN/JSB/FX Domed 18 or 21 grain will smash a starling too. Starlings are fairly small and fragile so the pellet doesnt matter as much as a pigeon/racoon etc. Your accuracy is going to be the first priority. I use the Hades style pellets pretty much exclusively for hunting, or a light for caliber slug. Nielsens have been my favorites, just got a new shipment of 17.5g today actually.

• Love
Really good deal. My .177 R10 likes the heavier pellets and Howler slugs.