Looking to buy first PCP rifle

Getting to old and tired of cranking lever action spring air rifles. Someone did say Xmas is around the corner. Looking to spend around $800 for the rifle. Wondering if the Benjamin Marauder series are any good. Will be using it mostly for benchrest and occasional squirrel shooing. Don't plan on shooting out past 50 yards. I see that there are a lot of people who recommend buying used but I don't have the time to be sitting by the computer to be the 1st one to pull the trigger. There seems to be a lot of Marauder styles any recommendations or are the mechanics all the same.

As for the air supply. I not going to be using a high pressure tire pump for sure, bad shoulders. Keeping it simple what and where to buy. Hopefully around the $400 range. I live in the San Francisco Bay area so there are a lot of dive shops and gas supply houses around.

Thanks

The least expensive rifles I can recommend from personal ownership will be a stretch for your budget: Daystate Huntsman Revere, and Weihrauch HW100. I know there are less expensive options, but I don't have personal experience with them. As with most things, quality is expensive. Both of these rifles have excellent triggers, something lacking in many less expensive rifles. I can empathize with your shoulder condition. I'm 71 and have a bad rotator cuff. I can actually pump okay, since the work is low and doesn't require stretching the shoulder. But still, pumping is hard enough that, for me, it greatly detracts from the ownership experience. Since you have access to dive shops, good quality high pressure air will not be a problem. Good luck, it's a great hobby.

Getting to old and tired of cranking lever action spring air rifles. Someone did say Xmas is around the corner. Looking to spend around $800 for the rifle. Wondering if the Benjamin Marauder series are any good. Will be using it mostly for benchrest and occasional squirrel shooing. Don't plan on shooting out past 50 yards. I see that there are a lot of people who recommend buying used but I don't have the time to be sitting by the computer to be the 1st one to pull the trigger. There seems to be a lot of Marauder styles any recommendations or are the mechanics all the same.

As for the air supply. I not going to be using a high pressure tire pump for sure, bad shoulders. Keeping it simple what and where to buy. Hopefully around the $400 range. I live in the San Francisco Bay area so there are a lot of dive shops and gas supply houses around.

Thanks

https://www.airgunnation.com/topic/what-did-you-replace-your-daystate-huntsman-regal-for/?referrer=1

My vote is the Marauder Field & Target. I would highly recommend that you buy a rifle that is regulated, and this model of the Marauder is. Much more consistent velocities. For the compressor, I am using a Spritech unit purchased on Amazon for $310 and I added the 4-year warranty plan for an additional $45. It has worked flawlessly so far, and when it fails, which it will, the warranty protection will come in handy. I decided against the Yong Heng, which are very popular, because you have to mess around with oil changes and setup a liquid cooling station. The Spritech unit doesn't need oil or water cooling. Good luck with your purchase! My first PCP was an Umarex Origin. Although I would not recommend it because the Marauder is a much better rifle, it has been blast to shoot. Very powerful for a $300 rifle. It came with a hand pump that promptly broke after a month.

I started out with modified Crosmans for my PCP guns so would always recommend a Marauder rifle, if you want big, or Marauder pistol, actually more of a carbine, if you want small.

https://www.pyramydair.com/product/benjamin-marauder-pcp-air-rifle-synthetic-stock?m=3139

https://www.pyramydair.com/product/benjamin-marauder-pcp-air-pistol?m=2367

You can add a regulator later on if that is your desire.

A used gun could be an alternative for sure a Marauder or most any form FX, Daystate or Air Arms would be good.

I'm not much for supporting the Chinese in their quest for world dominance so I don't buy the Chinese guns but they make the only halfway decent inexpensive compressor around.

I have bought a couple of the Yong Heng compressors and they both still run. Being water cooled with oil in the crankcase means they will outlast those that are not hands down. They are the best you can get way beyond their price range. 

I personally think they are the best inexpensive compressor around and are far better than most that cost four times as much as their $300 price tag.

The Yong Heng "Simple" version least expensive does not have a water separator you need one.

If you messed up and got the “Simple” version you can get parts on Aliexpress to add it for <$40 or you can spend much more on a decent water separator and filter.

The "Auto Stop" version shuts off near 3000psi probly not a good thing for most people.

So you likely want the "Hardcover" or "Set Pressure" versions your choice on the 110V or 220V.

The 220V will run approximately 15% faster here in the USA as we run our 220V at 60hz instead of the 50hz found elsewhere. This may or may not be a problem depending on the compressors environment and cooling.

There is now a new Digital version of the Yong Heng out. I know little about it as it has not been around long enough but there is a review available and it looks to be a better unit than the “Set Pressure” model. The poor quality gauge, with the adjustable dial, on the Set Pressure version that failed every few months, has been replaced by a digital readout that gives much more information.

Review on the New Digital unit;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rR0cdENjV8s&ab_channel=TargetForge

New "Smart Digital Version" 110V here

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32863018900.html?gps-id=pcStoreJustForYou&scm=1007.23125.137358.0&scm_id=1007.23125.137358.0&scm-url=1007.23125.137358.0&pvid=18869e03-a54e-473a-963c-80fd82b94821&spm=a2g0o.store_pc_home.smartJustForYou_6000934560035.1

New Digital version 220V

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32815880523.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.0.0.2ee360718xbmkY&algo_pvid=20abc6ca-c5fa-4bb8-bdf0-d13897a53109&algo_exp_id=20abc6ca-c5fa-4bb8-bdf0-d13897a53109-25

I am aware that shipping has gone way up and this is no longer the least expensive place to buy the YH but it will show you the different models so you know what to look for elsewhere.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32824234795.html?spm=a2g0o.store_home.productList_13760454.subject_2

Amazon now has a decent price and free shipping.

If you don't want to invest in a tank and will be shooting away form your air source you will need one of the 12V oil-less water-less units. They are pretty much disposable units good for 20 or a little more hours of use. Don't believe the ones that say 50 hours cuz they won't make it that long but the Yong Hengs can with a little maintenance and tinkering.

Air Venturi avenger or a hajimoto worked umarex gauntlet would answer the gun part . Both had solid reviews. And a second hand air Venturi or omega tank . The 75 cu ft size should fit your bill.

Something like this^^also take a peek at Crosman craftsman line.Akela/Cayden/Kratos with FIVE YEAR WARRANTY.I know the Akela can shoot pop cans consistently at 100+ yards. 

My buddy has the marauder field target in .22 Solid build, good shot count, accurate , Also available in .25 and the 5 year warranty , puts it on the positive contenders list . I have the Benjamin Cayden,.22 I got a good deal on Amazon so it was cheaper, It has the same positive characteristics as the Marauder, other then the Cayden has a non shrouded barrel ,and is not regulated, Resulting in a slightly lower shot count, and louder . I would reach out to local air gun nation members, maybe some air gun shooting clubs , and see if you can physically look, handle and if your lucky shoot , said gun that you choose . If noise is a issue I would budget for a silencer, something I didn't consider in my cost. As said by others, there are a lot of contenders for your purchase . Reliability / build quality, how it feels / fits you, and your shooting needs, warranty of rifle , and owner's opinions of said rifle, will make your purchase a positive one. 

Search the classifieds and you might get lucky. I was able to buy a used S510 for $800. It's a 2014 model and had a regulator installed at some point in it's life. I like it enough that I am considering a new S510 Ultimate Sporter since it has a few upgrades since the older model. Mine shoots very well and is very accurate. Hard to go wrong with a quality British air rifle.

I am enjoying my Benjamin Akela and Kratos far more than the older Marauder design. I'm sure it's just a personal taste thing, but that Marauder, as good as it is, is a pretty old design. For the same price or less the Craftsman series offers a lot. Really smooth side lever, and lots of shots per fill on these. (mine are both in .22)

I would recommend AirForce air guns. I have one (.25 escape as)and they are built like a tank and have a lifetime warranty. Mine went through a house fire and all I had to do was clean the spot off it and it still shot like it was new. 1/2 inch groups at 50 yards. All the power you will need to kill 100 lb hogs. 

If you are going to plink more than hunt I would get a condor.

the marauder is also a cheaper good gun. 

I have high end guns and most of the time I grab the escape.