Looking to buy a Weihrauch HW97K in .25 caliber - wise choice?

Opinions certainly vary. I have an HW97 and it can't match my LGU by a large margin and my LGV will also regularly shoot smaller groups. Few absolutes are accurate. But I'm sure the OP will enjoy his rifle and that is all that matters.

Same here. My 22 & 177 LGUs will out shoot my HW97K every time. I disagree with his opinion about Dianas also. My D54s and D56s are some of the best built guns I've seen. I don't have an AA TX200 so no opinion on it.

With regards to the HW97 and the LGU/LGV, both have strong points. The Walthers have (out of the box) a better shot cycle, but the HW is sturdier. The trigger really lets the LGU/LGV down. I own both and if I had to pick one; hands down the HW97.

HW97: Solid machines steel. My Diana's (350, 34 & 5g): weak plastic, aluminum & sheet metal. The folded sheet metal cocking arm and piston are particularly weak and are a known Diana problem. Silly aluminum scope rail. Philips stock screws. Flimsy plastic rear sight which arrived broken on my 350 and broke with the slightest knock on my 5g. Barrel droop has been so common on Dianas for decades, that you can even buy off set mounts for them. I could go on, but when it comes to Diana, no they are not in the same league, even a budget Cometa is better made. The only place where they still somewhat sell is the USA. Why? Who knows?

As I noted, opinions certainly vary. I have 2 Diana's and they are very well made. Nothing has broken on them and they shoot great. The HW's are extremely "sturdy" as you mention but in my case it shoots nowhere near as good as the LGU and can only come close to the LGV. I'll take the accuracy over "sturdy" any day. JMO, of course.

Hey Guys/Gals

In have a HW97 .25 and it is a hammer! My friend had a big coon and some rabbits destroying his garden and he dispatched the coon 40 yards one shot and the rabbits at 50 yards and 30 1 shot. Using 25 grainers and some Polymag Predators. Have NOT chrono-ed it but it is a monster and accurate. I bought mine from Airguns Arizona with the screw on moderator. Makes almost zero noise. 

This is a nice topic to revisit!

I do love .25s of all types in all velocities; owning more .25s than .22s! 

My first .25 was an underlever from Webley and it was not the highest velocity performing .25 by most standards but it had incredible accuracy once the "drop" was figured out.

The larger caliber is easier to reload and keep track of your "pellet count" for that rifle. At pellet rifle distances "wind" means nothing to the .25 pellet.

The HW97K .25, if I were to get one, would be shot over and over and over to assess its accuracy, performance, and consistency/longevity thereof; and I already know HW makes a very smooth and long lasting underlever.

I took the leap to see about the underlever HW97K-T in .20. It is a strong well built rifle I would love to get a partner for, and if I did it'd be in .25!

Hey Guys/Gals

In have a HW97 .25 and it is a hammer! My friend had a big coon and some rabbits destroying his garden and he dispatched the coon 40 yards one shot and the rabbits at 50 yards and 30 1 shot. Using 25 grainers and some Polymag Predators. Have NOT chrono-ed it but it is a monster and accurate. I bought mine from Airguns Arizona with the screw on moderator. Makes almost zero noise.

I'm a fan of .25 and own several, just not an HW. Considered one, then backed off and got the HW95 .22 instead. Considering the 95 and 97 use the same power plant, if you can get your hands on a chrony, it would be nice to see some real world numbers on an HW in .25 with various pellets to see what one actually shoots vs the numbers they advertise, so if you could, a thread on it would be very interesting. 

Mr. Fischer up there owns several in .25 among quite a few others, but always quotes fps numbers from the AoA chrony tapes that came with them vs anything real world and hundreds of shots into them since he doesn't own a chrony and refuses to buy one. I believe his reasoning was they serve no real purpose in airgunning so he saw no use for wasting the money to buy one...lol.