Looking to add to my airgun collection

I want to thank all those on AGN that take their time to help others, I have learned a lot lurking on here. I have many powder burners but REALLY enjoy my time with airguns, so does my wife.
Currently have:
Benjamin B1500BTM in .177. Too heavy for my wife and she has trouble cocking it. Probably going to a Grandson
Gamo Swarm Maxxim G2 in .22. Wife pests with this and many hundreds of squirrels have met their demise with it.
FX M3 shooting .22 slugs. I love this gun!
Half dozen older Benjamin, Winchester, Walther and BSA pistols.

I'm looking to add a few more guns, mainly for plinking and target shooting to maybe 50 yards. My wife loves shooting at 10 to 50 yards with a powder .22 pistol or rifle at those ranges, shooting KYLs, golf balls and anything else she gets her hands on.

So I would like to end up with a variety of guns. could be pistol or rifle. Has to be accurate and reliable. Interesting guns are always better. Like 22 cal but not married to the idea. Like PCPs and have a compressor so unlimited air supply, again not married to the idea. Cost could be anything but expensive guns will take much longer to work into the budget.

Would like to get a better idea of what members shoot that they enjoy and why.

I would love to find something through AoA as they are as close to local as I'll find and we are planning a trip down to see them in a few weeks. If they don't have what we decide on for the first one, maybe the second.

Over time I can definitely see the numbers increasing even if some of the powder burners have to be sacrificed to the cause.

Reactions: Peterzson
I want to thank all those on AGN that take their time to help others, I have learned a lot lurking on here. I have many powder burners but REALLY enjoy my time with airguns, so does my wife.
Currently have:
Benjamin B1500BTM in .177. Too heavy for my wife and she has trouble cocking it. Probably going to a Grandson
Gamo Swarm Maxxim G2 in .22. Wife pests with this and many hundreds of squirrels have met their demise with it.
FX M3 shooting .22 slugs. I love this gun!
Half dozen older Benjamin, Winchester, Walther and BSA pistols.

I'm looking to add a few more guns, mainly for plinking and target shooting to maybe 50 yards. My wife loves shooting at 10 to 50 yards with a powder .22 pistol or rifle at those ranges, shooting KYLs, golf balls and anything else she gets her hands on.

So I would like to end up with a variety of guns. could be pistol or rifle. Has to be accurate and reliable. Interesting guns are always better. Like 22 cal but not married to the idea. Like PCPs and have a compressor so unlimited air supply, again not married to the idea. Cost could be anything but expensive guns will take much longer to work into the budget.

Would like to get a better idea of what members shoot that they enjoy and why.

I would love to find something through AoA as they are as close to local as I'll find and we are planning a trip down to see them in a few weeks. If they don't have what we decide on for the first one, maybe the second.

Over time I can definitely see the numbers increasing even if some of the powder burners have to be sacrificed to the cause.
I thought long and hard and found i really only shot 3 powder gun consistently , The rest have turned into mostly expensive Air powered fun toys .

Reactions: Off Kilter
I’d recommend an HW30 for the wife or young grandson. Easy to cock and great for plinking, can be used indoors if you have a trap or some cardboard boxes…

-Marty
Just spent a half hour with her looking at guns and this is what I got. PCP, I have a break barrel and I don't need another! Also no pump, Killed a Rattle snake once with a pump Benjamin and it almost killed me ( she didn't realize no matter how many times you shoot one in the head they will squirm around for a hour or more). ;)

The best .22 I have is the Edgar Brothers XVI. LW Barrel with Suppresor and whisper quite!
Shooting around 825 FPS? It's nearly Laser like at 50 yards!
I added a 4500 PSI bottle but have not regulated it so only fill to stock but get killer shot count!
It's a longer bottle but the length works for me.
Cool guns. I had never seen them before.

For the pistol shooter and close up stuff it is hard to beat the HW44. I shoot mine more than anything else, amazing accuracy out to 25, even 40 yards. More than a few threads on the air pistol forum.

Now shooting a 2x Burris on mine. I use the bipod for setup / cleaning only, but it does work well with a squeeze bag on the patio table, weather permitting.

1667873970769.png

For the pistol shooter and close up stuff it is hard to beat the HW44. I shoot mine more than anything else, amazing accuracy out to 25, even 40 yards. More than a few threads on the air pistol forum.

Now shooting a 2x Burris on mine. I use the bipod for setup / cleaning only, but it does work well with a squeeze bag on the patio table, weather permitting.

View attachment 303828
Ooh, something we both like.

If a bullpup is low on the totem pole, I would suggest a Daystate Huntsman. Simple gun, fill the tank, load the magazine and shoot. Very highly regarded gun.
May ponder an FX Crown as well. Another highly regarded gun.
The niece thing about the Huntsman is no tuning to speak of.
When we were looking at guns the Huntsman was one of her favorites, mine too. Was waiting to see what members thought of it.

The pistol I have right now is the HW44 like above….I have been through many rifles, Impact, Taipan, Crown, Huntsman, bulldog, Delta Wolf just to name a few….So far Huntsman in 177, crown in 22 with the 380mm barrel, and the only pistol I still own is the HW44…..my first Taipan in 25 was a grab and go rifle…never had to worry about leaks, or point of impact shifts….

My Huntsman has taken doves, squirrels and whatever else needed to go….another grab and go rifle and the walnut stocks can be very nice….

Tony P