• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Looking for, want to buy...

Ahhhh. I see. I thought you were the one looking for something. In your case, yea it’s normal for people to be flakey, non-responsive, and to present low-ball offers. That’s a part of selling used items, at least in my experience here. But some do take their time and shop around. Some may need to confer with their mate. They may eventually respond a day or three later.

WTB ads are a strange beast on any forum. It reverses the dynamic (who has the upper hand in the transaction) and many people are not mentally prepared to deal with that. What I mean is that the people posting the WTB ads are looking for a good deal—that's why they are posting WTB, they don't want to pay retail—but since they are the one initiating the transaction (usually it is the seller initiating for the more typical WTS ads) the person responding to the WTB ad gives a price that is higher than the person wants. And you really can't blame the respondent since they didn't initiate the transaction—they probably weren't even looking to sell until they saw the WTB ad.

Most WTB ads are a bit unnecessary in my opinion. It's just people being cheap, and this is often why the conversations don't go well. WTBs are best reserved for higher-priced items that are harder to find, and not things that are still widely available or lower in cost. Just as an example, I often see WTBs for moderators that are available everywhere and only cost $125 or so. But the person wants it for $50 and is too impatient to wait for one to come up for sale within a week (which it will) so they post the WTB which really just wastes time more than anything. Just go buy the mod...or wait for it to come up for sale when you then have the upper hand in the transaction.

sounds like a very opinionated subject that is guaranteed to go south with. Bunch of people arguing their own opinions. I list both wts, and wtb, and get responses to both. If I’m looking for something, it’s either bc I don’t want to pay full retail, or it’s not available for sale any more.

I've often though about posting a WTB ad.🤔 instead I ask the forum of reputable sources can be found. On occasion someone will say" hey I have that, would you like to buy/trade/etc. for it?"
But most often I find the actual manufacturer and buy from them bc of warranties and what not that come with directly supporting the company itself.
I've also responded to WTS ads and we were not able to meet on price, so I politely decline then thank them for their time and effort.
🤷‍♂️🎩🤙

Reactions: bf1956
Pretty much a waste of time but I have time to waste...people looking for a steal...great deal...usually have excuses...just found one...just got something different...I like to call their bluff with good stuff but don't expect much out of want to buyers. I've had exceptionally good luck dealing with great members WTS...both ways...dealing with guys I know and been reading their posts for years!

You just have to watch for scammers, I've had several scammers try to scam me when I was trying to sell Items on the Classifieds, I check the list of known scammers and there they were, Check their status too, also who has dealt with them before, it's the same on any Classified ads, just need to be wary of who you're dealing with, deal with members that have good status and always get back to them as quickly as possible, most here are good people, but there are quite a few Scammers here too.

Reactions: iAMzehTOASTY1
So just wondering how many members here respond to these adds? If so what are your results, as for mine it is a waste of my time.
i read the ads but need to make enough posts before i can message anyone in reply to them. i wanted to buy the used Hatsan Jet that was for sale a couple weeks back. the price seemed great.

on the other hand, i did see an fake EO Tech optic offered here for close to $1,000. Hopefully nobody fell for it. it was one of the $40-60 chinese knock off sights being sold as an authentic model.

i read the ads but need to make enough posts before i can message anyone in reply to them. i wanted to buy the used Hatsan Jet that was for sale a couple weeks back. the price seemed great.

on the other hand, i did see an fake EO Tech optic offered here for close to $1,000. Hopefully nobody fell for it. it was one of the $40-60 chinese knock off sights being sold as an authentic model.
If it's the same one I'm thinking about, that person actually got it used and it had some issues with the lense and he sent it to EOTech for repairs.. so if it's the same, it's legit. I dont know the guy, but I remember reading the drama that came with it. Still above what I'd be willing to pay for one, though.

So you are in Wi., cool!

If it's the same one I'm thinking about, that person actually got it used and it had some issues with the lense and he sent it to EOTech for repairs.. so if it's the same, it's legit. I dont know the guy, but I remember reading the drama that came with it. Still above what I'd be willing to pay for one, though.
that's the same one. i went to the EO Tech site and looked for their advice on how to identify fake sights. None of their official models were exactly like the one offered for sale. in retrospect, maybe it was an older or new model than the ones shown on the page dedicated to detecting fake sights?

that's the same one. i went to the EO Tech site and looked for their advice on how to identify fake sights. None of their official models were exactly like the one offered for sale. in retrospect, maybe it was an older or new model than the ones shown on the page dedicated to detecting fake sights?
It could be.... and I very well could be wrong and it is a different one. I am far from an expert on EOTech sights. I just recalled that post and wasnt sure if that you had seen it. Just didnt want a fellers for sale ad to get mucked with if it was legit. For sure, we should all do our due diligence with detecting (and reporting) counterfeit items.