• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Looking for the Best Lightweight Longer Range Scope for Decent Price

I've never shot anything higher than 10x which is what my Vortex Razor 1-10 is. I also have a few Vortex 1-6's but I'm looking for something that will be extremely clear past 100 yards and lightweight.

I was hoping to find something around the price of my Vortex which as $2,500 but if that's not possible a little higher is ok.

I just don't know anything about rifle scopes, just LVPO's red dots and magnifiers.

im sure you can find what your looking for with that money , what are you putting it on ? that will help with suggestions .

I don't have any experience or knowledge on higher magnification.

It's going on either a Alpha Wolf or an Epoch - still trying to decide in this thread here between the 2.

your best bet is to go on the sniper forum or long-range hunting forums, not an air gun forum;why is because there is a lot more info on scopes., they have many reviews on great high-power scopes.
Another thing is there are very few made-in-USA scopes. there are more good European scopes.
Butt the Athlon Cronus gets high reviews.
Ask the guy at Camaraland, he is very knowledgeable plus they have almost all the good scopes...Sightron is another good scope.

I have only high magnification scopes, tried those about 10 power or below I just cannot get used to. My lowest power is 8-32x60 and a norm I am keeping is 10-50x70.
I like to zoom completely into rings at 100 meters BR and nothing else is visible.
With a Falcon X50 I can see the .25 holes in the paper at 200 meters, this scope is rated for 1000. Japanese glass. Got it from Kraleshop, not sure if available in US.
Falcon X50 have two reticle option, mine is a simple target crosshair SFP.
I had compare it to two Sightron models same power and non of the Sightrons can zoom in a full 50 power without loosing clarity, the Falcon is much better.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lewis