Looking for the Air Venturi compressor intake filter thread size

Good morning. I'm looking for the thread size of the Air Venturi compressors intake filter.

I would greatly appreciate it if someone could take a quick measurement of the low pressure heads intake filter thread for me. 

I'm building my own intake filter with a desiccant column. I'm trying to order parts today, but I'm at work and didn't think to measure mine last night.

Thank you in advance,
Austin

If anyone else is looking at doing the same thing, the actual thread is a M20x1.75 thread, probably a Tapered metric pipe thread. Searched for an hour and couldn't find the exact tapered thread anywhere remotely close to the USA.

A 1/2" NPT fitting thread is a hair oversized, but I'll probably go with nylon and just form the thread in the head.

I'm building my own intake filter with a desiccant column. I'm trying to order parts today, but I'm at work and didn't think to measure mine last night.
Austin

Unless you are pressurizing the intake filter air before it enters the desiccant column your filter won’t remove enough moisture to make it an effective upgrade. The water separator tower on your AV compressor does a really good job of moisture removal if you manually drain it every 10-15 minutes. Adding the new model gold Tuxing filter that has a repackable desiccant cartridge to your AV output hose is much more effective than a pre-filter to achieve your goal of dry air. They sell for as low as $76 on AliExpress and ship from the U.S. I wouldn’t advise compressing the air going into your pre-filter to make it work effectively because that would shorten the AV’s lifespan.

I appreciate the info.

I agree, the AV filters seem to do a respectable job of moisture removal.

I run a gold filter downstream of 6ft coil of tubing as a heat exchanger and moisture separator with a low point drip pot teed in. I haven't had to recharge the desiccant in the gold filter going on close to a year now with my current setup. Everything works great currently. I only fill rifles directly, so my concern is how much extra wear and tear am I putting on the compressor by filling the volume of the gold filter every time. I'm hoping to eliminate the gold filter all together. This would be especially beneficial if for some reason I have to run my F10 while the AV is being rebuilt. An added benefit would also be the much improved particulate removal that could be integrated on the top of the desiccant column. A sintered filter at the bottom of the column would provide filtration for any desiccant particles that come loose. The extra particulate removal is especially beneficial for me as my compressor shares a tiny shop that fills up with cutting oils off the lathe and mill, and abrasives from the tool grinders and bench grinders.

We run a somewhat similar low side dryer setup that I'm working towards on our instrument air compressors at work. The amount of water removed from the high side peristaltic pumps was decreased by 25-40% depending on weather conditions and operating conditions. Forcing the air going through inlet filter desiccant columns to take a torturous path zig-zagging through the media instead of a straight flow increased efficiency drastically. Granted, our air compressors draw somewhere close to 5200SCFM compared to whatever the AV compressor draws, but the principal is the same.

I would be into the upgrade for a total of $10-15. All materials aside from the fitting on top of the intake are free surplus from our upgrade at work. If I don't claim them, they'll end up in the roll off bin. While it won't be as efficient as an inline high side filter, for the cost incurred, I believe it is a very worthwhile upgrade, especially if I can reduce unnecessary run time on the AV.

Thank you,

Austin