Looking for some regulator tuning help

I have a .25 mk2 bobcat im trying to tune for the 34gr heavy jsb. on factory reg pressure i adjusted hammer spring tension and could only get 800fps shooting for 830-900fps. I removed reg gave it like 1/8 turn. now i peak at 820fps with hammer spring in about half way. if i turn it in more i lose speed and efficiency. And now when i remove my air cylinder i loose air pressure in the gun. Bofore i rook it apart it would hold pressure and i would have to bleed it off. Im new to trying to tune a reg any help would be awesome

It sounds like you're on the right track. I'm not totally sure about the action bleeding down once you remove the tube now but it sounds like that with the increase in hammer spring tension, this added tension is overcoming the valve spring tension without the psi of the tube there. This would be normal if it is the case. Keeping bumping up the reg pressure a bit at a time until you get it to where you want. By the way, most regs are more efficient if you set the hammer spring tension about 15 fps lower than the peak fps you can achieve with a given reg setting ~ peak of 860 fps would be set at 845 fps.