Looking for some help in calculating drop. 25 34g 895 fps

Start by plugging your data in Strelok and then actually test it downrange and make a dope card. Nothing beats actual physical data. At those ranges, factors like temperature are going to come into play as well.

You really haven't given enough data to give you a great answer regardless but I'll try. With a 100yd zero, HOB at 2", BC of .040, and a muzzle velocity of 875fps....

150yd drop would be around 28" (18MOA) and 200yd drop would be closer to 85" (41MOA)

8EBE8917-3FB5-4992-8557-C97AFB24E7ED.1645289893.png

the table is assuming 5cm scope height, 100 yard zero distance, 20F zero and current temp, 50% humidity and ZERO wind so the horizontal spin drift adjustment is based on 1:22 twist rate. 

PM me if you want it in excel format. Highly recommend getting strelok pro, best ballistic solver for the money($12) bar none! 

Lol, I don’t even know how to interpret your graph. I’m used to using clicks to go up and down. Not MOAs…

I just started a brand new job at 59. I’m in the middle of trying to learn all the systems of a huge corporation. I’m not sure I could learn street lock right now…Yes, I saw the typo, to me it is street lock.

I would love to understand how I would look at that graph, and be able to figure out how much holdover either in centimeters or inches and then of course I could convert that into the clicks.

mike

It worked great thank you. Usually I can shoot into something around the target like brush or dirt and get some idea of my point of impact. 

Your calculations were right on. I only had 150 clicks. And I followed your math I would’ve been doing about 160…I was about 6 inches low. My hold is approximately where my fingers end. 

thanks

mike

D7EF27CB-A17B-47E7-93EA-40671644649D.1645295573.jpeg
CB5B1F82-7692-4047-8B55-7CE69FDEEE1C.1645295573.jpeg
A pellet, next to a slug hole at 200. 

Reactions: 1a2a3m4p
Flintsack, I’m going to get it and learn it too. Shambozzie has been trying to convince me to use it. He finally asked me for the HOB on my Rapid .20, and what scope I was using and figured it out for me. I still don’t understand how it works, but it was right on with my Rapid. I can tell that I’m going to need to learn it. Pretty impressive technology for sure.

When you guy's get the Strelok Pro app and start using it, you will enjoy the benefits of dialing, holding for wind, and hitting the target first shot. 

Flintsack Mike, do you have vertical hash marks on the scope's reticle to use for a holdover? If so, you should be able to dial to some new long range zero (beyond 100 yards) and then use those hash marks to hold over for the rest of the distance. For example, I can dial to 175 yards, use that as my zero distance, then calculate my holdover out from there (using Strelok Pro), and hold over using the hash marks for the rest of the distance.

Oh I will get it eventually, and I’m hoping qball will show me how to use it. That page you sent me above is very nice.

mike

Sure Mike, once you learn it you will wonder how you lived all this time without it. It is not very hard, just enter the correct info and you will be amazed! I spent a lot of time messing with ballistics in the pursuit of that first shot hit, Strelok is the LEAST expensive ballistic solver out there by a country mile and it's simply phenomenal, it is especially good for AirGunners!!! Just buy it and send me a PM.