• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Looking for places to hunt and folks to hunt with- pests Central Oregon

https://www.airgunnation.com/topic/new-permission-just-now/page/2/#post-348732

Perfect your speel. Try to avoid words like "shoot" and "gun" initially....until you get a feel for who you're taking to. Let them say those words first.

Try to use phrases like "get rid of" and "take care of". If asked how you do that, say something like "I use a silenced precision air rifle" rather than "I shoot them".

Again, let them figure out that you shoot them.

I had one permission for about a month and a year later I now have 18.

Be prepared for questions like:

So you just like to shoot stuff?

My initial answer is Air Rifles are my hobby and pest control is just an extension of it.

Why don't you charge?

I like to give back to the community and others in need.....this is my way of giving back to farmers.

Do you shoot anywhere else?

Tough question if you're looking for your first permission.

Do you have a job?

Being a working person helps. Say whatever you need to say to show you're a responsible and law-abiding person, but keep it simple.

Reactions: S97
If asked I'd recommend saying you use a "pellet gun" and that they are very quiet and effective. To the common person a "pellet gun" is a Crosman 760 or something like it. They might feel safer with a "pellet gun" on their property than a .204, .223 or 22-250 making a ton of noise. This has worked for dozens of property owners for me and some of them are intrigued with what I bring out.