• The AGN App is ready! To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Looking for NPSS ram

Hoping someone in the group can tell me I am wasting my time or keep looking harder - or maybe point me in right direction.

I have an old Remington NPSS in .22 caliber that appears not to shoot. I have removed ram and it seems hard to push in - can’t dot it with my bare hands and when pushing into hard surface it takes both hands to get it pushed in.

I have heard it might be the seals -

So - I am asking for help on where I can find seals and I guess I will start with that first. Also what is a good way to measure my removed ram piston to know that it is not defective ?

Thank you in advance

Laz

The ram should be pretty hard to push in I would think. Theres about 1500psi of pressure in there. If the piston pressed in with ease I would assume the piston had leaked out and was needing to be replaced. What exactly is your problem with the gun?
It cocks - it shoots but the pellet does not travel any beyond where I insert at and I can pull it back out - at least it does not travel and get half way in barrel. I have the ram removed but can’t seem to find it anywhere - it is many years old and from what I can read the part is made no more.

Check your piston seal and breech seal for tears, deformity, or melting. Pictures would help.
Ok - I will have it broken down again next weekend and get some pictures for the group. Yeah I did not think about taking pics when I had it apart and I realize how much more helpful that would be for fellow hobbyist to give me helpful input.

Expect pics next weekend -

And once again thank you for reading and taking time to reply.

The ram in my Beeman R1 is impossible to push in when using my weight on it while the rear end is on a hard surface. I was surprised at this since I can compress the original spring enough to screw on the end cap. Not so with the ram. It is .20 caliber m, but that info may not matter.
If you are able to compress your ram some by pushing on a hard surface, it may indeed have leaked enough to not be able to fire the pellet. This is only speculation on my part based upon your observations of yours, and what I have observed with mine, which is probably different.

Hope you can get it sorted.

Reactions: Lazaro68
The ram in my Beeman R1 is impossible to push in when using my weight on it while the rear end is on a hard surface. I was surprised at this since I can compress the original spring enough to screw on the end cap. Not so with the ram. It is .20 caliber m, but that info may not matter.
If you are able to compress your ram some by pushing on a hard surface, it may indeed have leaked enough to not be able to fire the pellet. This is only speculation on my part based upon your observations of yours, and what I have observed with mine, which is probably different.

Hope you can get it sorted.
Thank you whyzee

I dare not slam it on the concrete so I don’t mushroom the tip - but my two hands and 155 pounds is enough to make it go down. I dare not do it on the tile floor - as I figure it could break or chip the tile of it slips.

I too thought it went in fairly easily - maybe I will upload a video next week to get more input

Thx again

Laz

If I got the right one from the Crosman website, your Owners manual and parts list and you'll need those part numbers to call Crosman and order since they won't look them up for you.
The gas ram is a sealed unit and not serviceable, so you'll need a new one. I'd also suggest ordering a couple piston and breech seals while you're at it along with anything else you think you may need.

If I got the right one from the Crosman website, your Owners manual and parts list and you'll need those part numbers to call Crosman and order since they won't look them up for you.
The gas ram is a sealed unit and not serviceable, so you'll need a new one. I'd also suggest ordering a couple piston and breech seals while you're at it along with anything else you think you may need.
Ok Steve - thank you very much - I sure will give them a try and I agree - might as well get extra parts - can never have too many of those - I will report back to the group on my findings.

Thanks again
Laz