• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Looking for my first air rifle, kind of

So haven't had an air rifle since I took apart a RWS about 15 years ago and lost the parts after a move. Got the itch again and would like something to plink and casual target shoot with. Prefer a .177 springer or gas piston, single shot. Would like to keep it under $200 but would consider higher maybe. Also want to keep it sub-sonic. Been looking thru the adds and a lot of choices. IS an accuracy of 1 to 1-1/2" be in that price point? Seems a lot are backordered. The intergal suppressors are something new to me. Are they effective?

The RWS 3400 caught my eye even though its above my price range. So any recommendations?

I buy new only, but AOA does have some decent prices if you can save up a bit more.

I have to say that there are some good rewards from buying used such as how I buy when you can verify with the seller how accurate the guns are and some even guarantee the accuracy by them being actual field target and EBR match winners that are really worth full retail asking price for them even when they are used. A least you know what it's favorite ammo is.

Other used ones are great deals too cheap to pass up. There was this one sale that was reasonably priced that the seller told me it shot the cheap Wal-Mart Crosman Premier Hollowpoints equally well as the JSBs and stated his friend used it on a boating trip and took out a swimming snapping turtle at 50 yards while in the boat on the water with it. I told him... so if it's not as accurate as he says when I try it out then I have to buy a boat to shoot snapping turtles at 50 yards while on the water?

I don’t know how you feel about Chinese clones but the Xisico XS25 is a Dianna 34 clone that a lot of people talk about. Several people here recommended it for me when I was doing research. They clone a lot of other guns as well. Might be a good way to get your feet wet if you can’t find something used. I wound up going with a real 34 and it’s an absolute tac driver. I might buy one just to do a comparison. They sell right at $135.

yes you can get 1-1/2 groups with the Dianna. I can shooting 1/2 inch groups @25 yards all day long and 1” at 50. on a still day.

...pay up and only cry once...

PY-5252_RWS-3400-Air-Rifle_1594154223.jpg

https://www.pyramydair.com/s/m/RWS_3400_Air_Rifle/5252