Looking for mid-range FFP Scope recommendations

I am looking for similar goals for a scope and yes it is not easy. I am waiting for Joe Rhea to post his review of the new Vector Optics Continental 34mm 5-30x56FFP scope. It is true there are not many scopes really designed for air rifles as ideally the parallax should go down to 10 yards yet have high magnification since the goal is to get hole in hole when also using it for target shooting along with FFP for me is my preference. I am hopeful that the new 34mm Continental will fit that as it has Schott glass, zero stop, lifetime warranty, illuminated and a nice recticle. The only other scopes I found that do that were $1500 and higher or I sacrifice and go with a lower magnification or higher parallax, so I am holding out to see how he reviews it as he does not BS. I am hopeful but only time will tell; I heard he should be posting it in a week or two on his YouTube channel, aka Cyclops... If it does not pan out another scope that is good but lower magnification is the Bushnell Match Pro which is also on my list of scopes sold only directly from Bushnell.

I wouldn't pay $800 for it. I bought a lot of Vector scopes direct from one of the importers before they went through distrution and that markup $800 is crazy insane on that one.

I am waiting for the review from Joe to be sure, but this is a new scope and I already know one person with the scope and he has had no issues and it is a well made scope. I believe this is a much better scope than the current Vortex scopes as those I have heard have cut corners on the internals. This is Vector Optics new high end model and not their lower price scopes. This only came out a couple of months ago and not the same as their other scopes. They do make some good inexpensive scopes but this is a FFP with much better glass, etc.

I'm borrowing Arzrover's Bushnell tac optics that he mentioned above. It's on the rifle I'm borrowing. For whatever reason I can't snap in the focus perfectly??, the turret marks don't line up with the line on the housing that well, and they are not distinct with a fair amount of lash. This scope definitely falls short of the Athlon Midas TAC! I don't know if it's Jap or Chi but this provides information that can be valuable, mainly that mid priced Chi can beat out Jap scopes.

Plus I owned the 3-12x44 version of the Bushnell described above which had the same problems but a horrible eyebox.

I also remember when the Athlon Cronus first came out. The turrets were a lot like these in the Bushnell. It took a year before Athlon "basically yelled" at LOW to make them better. 

No, No, NO, forget about the other scopes in this price range and get the Athlon Midas TAC, it's worth every penny! Why?? because there's always going to be a combo of disappointments with the other scopes. Lesser glass, mushy turrets, turret click lines that don't line up with the one on the housing, lash, poor tracking, funky reticle, take your pick, those other scopes are bound to exhibit at least a few if not more!

Though I have to say that the reticle in the Vector 5-30x56 has the best of all including the Midas TAC, though of course I'm biased with all .2 mil tree reticles. Whoever designed this knew what they were doing.

My Japan Bushnell TAC 4.5-30x50 isn't as clear as the dirt cheap BARRA either.

https://www.airgunnation.com/topic/first-impressions-on-the-barra-ft-5-25x50-scope/

I am looking for similar goals for a scope and yes it is not easy. I am waiting for Joe Rhea to post his review of the new Vector Optics Continental 34mm 5-30x56FFP scope. It is true there are not many scopes really designed for air rifles as ideally the parallax should go down to 10 yards yet have high magnification since the goal is to get hole in hole when also using it for target shooting along with FFP for me is my preference. I am hopeful that the new 34mm Continental will fit that as it has Schott glass, zero stop, lifetime warranty, illuminated and a nice recticle. The only other scopes I found that do that were $1500 and higher or I sacrifice and go with a lower magnification or higher parallax, so I am holding out to see how he reviews it as he does not BS. I am hopeful but only time will tell; I heard he should be posting it in a week or two on his YouTube channel, aka Cyclops... If it does not pan out another scope that is good but lower magnification is the Bushnell Match Pro which is also on my list of scopes sold only directly from Bushnell.

I wouldn't pay $800 for it. I bought a lot of Vector scopes direct from one of the importers before they went through distrution and that markup $800 is crazy insane on that one.

I am waiting for the review from Joe to be sure, but this is a new scope and I already know one person with the scope and he has had no issues and it is a well made scope. I believe this is a much better scope than the current Vortex scopes as those I have heard have cut corners on the internals. This is Vector Optics new high end model and not their lower price scopes. This only came out a couple of months ago and not the same as their other scopes. They do make some good inexpensive scopes but this is a FFP with much better glass, etc.

Hope their QC is better with their more expensive line. Joe wont have it for a couple months to see if theres unwelcomed stuff mysteriously appear in the glass.

https://www.airgunnation.com/topic/mysterious-image-in-tac-vector-marksman/

Hope their QC is better with their more expensive line. Joe wont have it for a couple months to see if theres unwelcomed stuff mysteriously appear in the glass.

https://www.airgunnation.com/topic/mysterious-image-in-tac-vector-marksman/

To their credit, Tac Vec is working on getting me a replacement scope. However, I am communicating with their rep an ocean away, and it has been a time consuming effort. Apparently, the Marksman line has been re-designed and I am getting one of those. Fingers crossed that 3rd time is a charm

Joe Rhea has posted his review on the Vector Optics 34mm 5-30x56FFP and as Joe said "it is a pretty fricking good scope for under $1000" and it is actually selling for $801 so that is good deal for people wanting a mid range scope. I love his no BS reviews and he is not paid by sponsors so he just tells it like it is. They have a US customer service and lifetime warranty. 10 yard parallax, 30X, 56mm, 28.6 oz so not super heavy, great glass, no slop on the turrets, and definitely worth a look for people wanting a mid range priced scope with a ton of features/quality! 

https://youtu.be/s_7TRKwcHiE

I am resurrecting this post because I think I have the answer (subjective I know) for the next guy asking the question. Up front I am a SFP Leupold scope owner that pretty much stuck with VX3 4-14x40 scopes and that is basically all I knew until I started my search. Quickly found Leupold wouldn't work for what I wanted, due to price and options.

I have spent the last month researching and collecting scopes for three rifles. A cricket .25 that I went with an Athlon Ares BTR MOA 2.5-15x50 illuminated with 10y parallax. I went with a Meopta Optika6 3-18x50 4C RD Illuminated with 25y parallax for a 30 CAL FX Impact MK2 Compact SPAW tuned slugger. *Stay away from the Dichro as they are not illuminated and do not work well at night (I made this mistake and had to return it to Camera Land NY and pay shipping for the return)*. I went with a Crimson Trace series 2, 4-18x50 on 50% discount from midway for a .22 Talon SS that is 18 years old (but shoots amazing still). Got such a good deal on it I replaced an old crappy BSA that was worn out. Yes it doesn't have zero stop, but the .22 talon is a 50 yard backyard shooter. This Scope is great on it.

I pasted on the Vortex Viper PST, US Optics USO, Leupold, Hawke, Bushnell, Burris, Element, Trijicon, Riton, Blackhound, Primary Arms, and a few others because they were missing at least one thing I was looking for or should have offered for the cost and didn't. 

Great glass, FFP, the right reticle in MOA (not busy), Illumination, 10y for .25 cal and at least 25y parallax for the 30 cal slugger, return to zero, lockable turrets, zero stop, under 30oz and 30mm tube, and of course under $700 to my door. Keep in mind my budget was $700 so I am sure adequate scopes can be found for much less. If the Riton X7 Conquerer was $200 less I would owe two of them. Couldn't get it below $899. But I really like the scope and company.

After doing hours of research I found these scopes to be the best for my situation and possibly yours too. Definitely check them out, they checked all the boxes for me.

Also I bought the Athlon from Camera Land NY and the Meopta from ScopeList in case that information is wanted. Riton offers a 40% discount to First responders/LE and Military on their website if interested. 

Goodspeed.