• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Looking for information on 4500 psi pumps.

Hello everyone. 

I have been reading and reading a lot lately on compressors for pcp air rifles and bottles, and have come to the conclusion that I know even less now, then when I started.

So, I figured I would just ask and see what happens,

I would love to know what compressors you all are using, how long you have had them and what problems you have encountered. Doing a google search for 4500 psi compressors will give you a huge pile of web pages to search through and numerous places to purchase, what seem like the same pumps with hundreds of names. Reading the ads from Ebay, will only add confusion to the situation and getting a response from questions asked will take a couple days, and honestly they are foggy at best. 

I am trying to find a compressor less than $350. I know that most will be the Chinese compressors. I have a FX hand pump and am needing an electric pump because I am too old for the hand pumps. (golden years my foot)!

Any information would help. Have a new Hatsan rifle on the way and could use some info. Also have AirForce Condor which I haven't used in quite a while due to trouble of pumping air with hand pump. 

Thanks.

You have 2 major options at that price (depending on your search efforts).

1. the liquid cooled option, such as the Yong Heng
  2. the air cooled option, such as the Tuxing
    [/LIST=1]

The Yong Heng has a reputation for durability, ability to fill tanks, and years of service.

YH.1632845897.JPG

The Tuxing type has a reputation for being portable, but requiring short duration runs to help keep it alive; not intended for tank fills.
    tx.1632845924.JPG

They both have parts available for rebuild,so the choice is yours depending on needs.

I have owned my Yong Heng for 2 months now, but I have been using it a lot in those 2 months no issues or problems other then its louder then my 135 psi compressor. And there is more fuss to using it since its water cooled and you need a bucket of water for it, but that just makes it last longer of course, but its still more of a ordeal to getting it ready to use then your average fill your car tires compressor.

If I had something like a Umarex hammer that had a 4500PSI bottle and I only got 3 shots out of it per fill then I would want a portable box compressor that was 120/12volt so I could refill the gun when i was at the range or away from a power source because refilling from even a large bottle would still give me very few shots for going out shooting for a day. But I would consider the compressor expendable and not if it will break but when, and I'd baby it as much as I could and get any extended warranty available for it. Or I'd choose a Yong Heng if I was able to shoot that monster right off my back porch or the place I was going to use it at had a acceptable power source as the Yong Heng is still transportable you just have to make sure it stays upright and have access to 120volt power and a 1 gallon bucket bucket of clean water. 

I think the Yong Heng outlasts all those portable compressors by a long shot, and granted I haven't had mine long, I am fully confident in the average mans ability to completely rebuild this themselves on their kitchen table in 1 evening if they needed to. Another advantage of Yong Heng is the parts availability, everything is in stock and fast shipping and cheap and easy to find for the Yong Heng.

https://amzn.to/3uneWw6 This is the ACTUAL Yong Heng compressor I bought and yes knockoffs of it exist and I would stay away from any of the knockoffs. I got the 4yr extended warranty from amazon all for $300 shipped. So 5yrs of they fix it or money back and they pay shipping costs back and forth which i have used before for other items with good success, all for $300 I figure if it breaks the day after 5yrs of use it will be worth every penny, but then I will still just rebuild it myself. If you watch the price on amazon it will fluctuate by about $20 up and down $250 being the low point. 

Thank you all for your input. I really appreciate all the information. I have to say deadhorse that I have been eyeing the Yong Heng. However like you said, there are many many knock-offs out there. I actually think amazon price with that warranty is pretty darn good. I will most probably go for that option.

Again, thank you all for the information. 

PS. Another question deadhorse: Did yours come with water/oil filter? thanks.

Had my Yong Heng for a little over a year now. I really try to make it not work any harder than it has to & baby it in hope of increasing its longevity. I try to keep it cool & never run any of my 4 tanks below 2500psi so I'm never filling from empty, only topping off. SO FAR, it's worked flawlessly & am quite satisfied. I decided NOT to get the auto stop model in interest of safety (I'd rather be right there while it's doing its thing to monitor the process). I never start or stop it unless the moisture trap & line pressure knobs are OPEN. It's probably paid for itself already in the $ I've saved in time, gas & dive shop fees. 

Had my Yong Heng for a little over a year now. I really try to make it not work any harder than it has to & baby it in hope of increasing its longevity. I try to keep it cool & never run any of my 4 tanks below 2500psi so I'm never filling from empty, only topping off. SO FAR, it's worked flawlessly & am quite satisfied. I decided NOT to get the auto stop model in interest of safety (I'd rather be right there while it's doing its thing to monitor the process). I never start or stop it unless the moisture trap & line pressure knobs are OPEN. It's probably paid for itself already in the $ I've saved in time, gas & dive shop fees.