• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Looking for info on value of used Evanix P 357cal or 45cal ,

I am new to buying on classifieds and am looking for a used Evanix 357cal or preferably a 45cal . I don’t want to overpay by any means and also if I do find what I’m looking for, what is the safest way for me to pay and get what I’m purchasing. I see one on another site and haven’t responded yet because person replied , that they wanted cashiers check. Would that be safe. I’m 53 years old but very naive with the whole buying over the internet. I have been into airguns for a few years now, got into big bore air rifles about a year ago and now have the big bore itch for the air pistols.

Since very few of those pistols have been sold, doubt you'll get much information or feedback on them, especially regarding used value (specific to that gun).

However, your concern about "haven’t responded yet because person replied , that they wanted cashiers check" is well warranted. Since the U.S. Postal Service can prosecute mail fraud, you might gain valuable insight about the seller by asking if he'd just as soon be paid by U.S. Postal money order. Should the seller balk, he's a crook!

the safest way to protect yourself is use a credit card through Pay Pal

the reason is there are very few people that don't use Ebay for something, buying and or selling and with that you, they would have a Pay Pal account

and it is sure a lot easier then mailing a check and then wait and worrying about getting screwed

should I assume that you are look at a Rex pistol, how long have they been make, not long ???

a new one might be the best bet

oh I know there are of people that hate Pay Pal but it is a way to move money and look at all the companies that sell air guns and supplies that use it PA

Glad I got my evanix rex p .45 before pyramyd air stopped stocking them. I may be able to answer any questions you have about it.

You may contact jefferson state air rifles and see if they can order one for you as they carry some evanix pcp guns. There is supposed to be a .50 cal version that they may be able to get for you. Not sure though. Worth checking I would say

A few things to note about the .45. I recommend .452 diameter 250 grain pentagon hollow points, sold by hunters supply. These average about 150 FPE for me, while staying above 500 FPS. The picatinny rail on mine is a bit narrower than your typical rail, and not all accessories will fit if they cant be tightened enough, or you must fashion a shim. The spring tension on the valve is adjustable. It has a half cock for lower power but you have to fully cock it first to load it, then de-cock it, then half cock it. I only shoot on full power. It's a good idea to keep the ball bearing that holds the lever in place well lubricated. There is a set screw under the rail that holds the air cylinder in place. It can be loosened so the cylinder can be removed without taking off the rail, which I recommend as the gun works fine like that and it is annoying to take off the rail every time you have to remove the air cylinder. As I said you can ask me any questions you may have

Hey Asher, just got to my messages and I thank you for the info, much appreciated. I will be getting ahold of them for sure. I’m new to this membership thing with the various groups and have definitely realized I have an almost unlimited supply of information and support in this ever growing hobby of mine. Where I live I know of no one who gets into the airgun scene. Friends all think of a Red Ryder or at most a break barrel at the local big box store. Thank you again for taking the time to help. I will be sure to pass on any help or support down the road as I learn and grow in this sport.👍

Hey Asher, just noticed your message and thank you. I actually found out about Rick carrying the full line of Evanix Rex and Rex P a couple weeks back, also I purchased a Rex P in 35 from another member on airgun nation for 450 , I am very very pleased with the deal it’s hardly used and came with bug buster scope an extra air cylinder that’s longer and some JBS pellets. I am going to be getting one of those in 45 from airgun pro shop soon though, I think it’s a better way to go over the 50 just doesn’t seem like gaining any ft lbs. Would like to carry it for that chance a deer comes in under 20 yards when hunting during the firearms season here in Michigan. I’ve bow hunted for years , but the airgun aspect really intrigues me . I’ve got the Dragon Claw in the 50 cal. This was the first year I hunted with it , no luck only because didn’t have hardly any time during rifle season. But was successful during archery, bagged the biggest buck to date in 30 years, a 9 pt Hopefully can do that one day with an airgun. Anyway wow I got long winded. Thanks again.

I would agree that theres not much to gain going from .45 to .50. The slugs weigh close to the same. There is a downside though, .45 slugs are a bit cheaper and easy to find than .50, more options in .45. As I mentioned I really reccomend the .452 cal 250 grain pentagon hollow points from hunters supply. The new rex p on Rick's site fill to 250 bar where the older ones like mine fill to 220. I emailed rick about it, asking if the new tanks work on my old rex. I may upgrade a bit.

I thought about a dragonclaw a few times. Ended up getting a bushbuck .45 which is I love. It can shoot the same rounds ar the rex p as it's small fast slug. Had wanted a hammer but it's a unicorn at this point. The hatsan piledriver looks interesting. They claim 800 FPE in .50

Now if I'm being longwinded