• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Looking for ideas for pellet holder (just one pellet)

Only has two useable shots. I keep one in the tube. I've been being sloppy and tossing an extra pellet in the pistol case, and it keeps going missing. Trying to brainstorm ideas for something to hold one pellet on the gun.

20230719_030635_edited.jpg

Any small.empty container that's laying around🤷‍♂️
M&Ms minis tubes are good and plenty of colors to chose from. Small Keychain pill bottles are good too. Used to be able to get ear plugs in a little yellow rubber tubish looking thing that popped apart too. Heck a lanyard with an ID badge thing and use the badge area for pellets😅🤷‍♂️🤗

I've often wondered if my solution to your problem that I used as a kid might be why I'm the way I am today. I could load a pellet while pumping up my Daisy 880 and never take my eye off my target. Learning how to roll those pellets around with your tongue to get the dome facing the right direction was the hardest part. Second to that was not swallowing the other dozen or so held under my tongue. 🤣

I've probably handled a few too many pellets in my time. But that's a new one :ROFLMAO: I used to just dump a whole box into my pocket. I'd be out in the woods traipsing around shooting all day. Pretty sure my hands were often greyish-silver by the end of the day. Pockets probably worse.
I was up into my 50s and suffering pretty bad memory issues. I remembered my hunting and pellet loading method and had my doc check me for excessive lead. That was NOT my problem. Seems it was Nexium, or its ability to reduce acid so much that my iron/ferritin was low. Seriously, I'd roll that pellet on my tongue until it was oriented properly, then tongue that sucker into the little feed trough and push her into the breech. Eyes always on the prize. That cheap Daisy 880 was super accurate, maybe just as much with BBs.

Found a good solution! First I noticed the pellet fits nicely in the fill port. Not too tight, not too loose. I covered it with a black rubber band. But still looked a bit tacky since it was all doubled up and twisted several times. Then I saw a couple of these velcro strips that hold cable bundles together at work. Cut one up, fit it tight, and voila! Slides with some resistance but wont be moving on it's own. Going coon hunting tonight. Normally not something I would do, but there's at least one in particular that has made himself a problem.

20230719_154525_edited.jpg

20230719_154539_edited.jpg

Last edited:
I was up into my 50s and suffering pretty bad memory issues. I remembered my hunting and pellet loading method and had my doc check me for excessive lead. That was NOT my problem. Seems it was Nexium, or its ability to reduce acid so much that my iron/ferritin was low. Seriously, I'd roll that pellet on my tongue until it was oriented properly, then tongue that sucker into the little feed trough and push her into the breech. Eyes always on the prize. That cheap Daisy 880 was super accurate, maybe just as much with BBs.
I used to have a 880 as well. Had a giant pvc moderator on it as well with a custom wood dowl adapter. Trimmed to fit where the sight post/barrel retaining cap went. Had tons of fun with that one.

I've often wondered if my solution to your problem that I used as a kid might be why I'm the way I am today. I could load a pellet while pumping up my Daisy 880 and never take my eye off my target. Learning how to roll those pellets around with your tongue to get the dome facing the right direction was the hardest part. Second to that was not swallowing the other dozen or so held under my tongue. 🤣
I tried that a couple times but the pellets would not shoot very well as they kept coming out of my mouth all chewed up. 🤪

Allen

• Wow
Reactions: IRBent
Found a good solution! First I noticed the pellet fits nicely in the fill port. Not too tight, not too loose. I covered it with a black rubber band. But still looked a bit tacky since it was all doubled up and twisted several times. Then I saw a couple of these velcro strips that hold cable bundles together at work. Cut one up, fit it tight, and voila! Slides with some resistance but wont be moving on it's own. Going coon hunting tonight. Normally not something I would do, but there's at least one in particular that has made himself a problem.

View attachment 374146
View attachment 374147
Just use the velcro itself? Layer a pellet in the fabric kind of...
🤔just scared (personally) that something other than a fill probe or dust cover being in the fill probe area possibly "wiggling" or whatnot and causing troubles down the line.

Make an attachment for that bottom pic rail that has drilled hole cavity for your pellet that, on the other end has a spring loaded button that pushes it out? Would be a fun 3d printer project or the like.

This is the ultra classy, pinky out version of holding a single pellet, but ay.

-Matt
I sold my 3d printer just due to never having time to mess with it. I'll get another eventually, just not right now. Otherwise I would have 100 percent 3d printed something.

I'm satisfied with using the fill port though. I don't forsee this causing any issues. Though I will probably want to wash my pellets just to play it safe.

In any case, this will have a better liklihood of keeping debris out of the fill port since it is normally uncovered.

Hm, also I'm pretty sure two will fit so I won't have to keep one in the barrel.

Last edited:
Reactions: iAMzehTOASTY1