Looking for high quality 2.5x15 SFP Scope

WHO BOUGHT THAT 4.5-27X50 ALPHA6?

LOOKS LIKE THEY HAVE THE 2.5-15X50 ALPHA6 IN STOCK.

THESE ARE WHAT I ORDERED TODAY...

NOTE ONLY ONE OF THESE IN STOCK...

1596088362_16267049805f22602a369994.75415609.png
1596088362_20879181305f22602a8963e6.07325652.png
1596088362_20991735275f22602ab6f6b8.07854620.png

This one? 

https://www.opticsplanet.com/aim-sports-inc-alpha-6-2-5-15x50-30mm-riflescope-with-mr1-mrad-reticle.html

Since not made in Japan should click with this?

Does it have slop in the turrets such at one click may do nothing?

SILLY WABBIT how can a cheap azz $200 scope possibly have a zero stop? You would have to do it like the Athlons with the add on plastic washers. This is a Chinese scope to be used to holdover with. I Only click with JAPAN and European scopes. Buy the JSAR $275 FFP version of this scope if you need FFP instead of this SFP which is what I prefer so the reticle doesn't dissappear when backed down to low magnification and not be too overly fat and thick at 27x.

I wasn't asking about zero stop, but zero slop turrets. It is a PITA to use scopes that when you click two up then one down you don't get any moment on the one down. Or click 1 down then one up but you are still stuck at 1 down. These types of scopes tend to need some settling time before the cross hairs are stable when zeroing them in. After they settle down if you don't click they are stable and usable. I guess this is what you mean for this scope, but it has great image quality for its price.

Oh ok now I get what you mean but these are intended to be like my others set it and forget it such as the Hawke SW30s Aztec Emeralds OPTISAN Vortex Athlons MTC VIPER Pros (yup I don't even click these even with the 3x1 ratio gears on the turret even made a white template but decided no clicking on these). However when I fine tune clicking to compensate for different ammo I have never experienced either of the turrets to not do as they should. Example pictured. Shot at 50 yards. Just clicking trying to make a square using the turrets. Just fooling around testing the fore end off of a wobbly chair backing while sitting on a tire. The multiple hole clusters that look like groups were clicking up right left then back down.

1596092475_18167562745f22703b7fce75.51267291.jpg

This one? 

https://www.opticsplanet.com/aim-sports-inc-alpha-6-2-5-15x50-30mm-riflescope-with-mr1-mrad-reticle.html

Since not made in Japan should click with this?

Does it have slop in the turrets such at one click may do nothing?

Does it hold zero when zooming?

BUDK still has the 2.5-15x50 at $199.98 in stock that's a lot cheaper than Optics even with their 10% off oin house code. STILL more than $62.00 price difference.

The Vector is the same scope different reticle and cosmetically a throw lever and all little nicer outside but double the price compared to much cheaper the Alpha6 that has the nicer reticle That's why I didn't recommend that Vector first. Of the OP can get that Vector easier then I would say just go for it. LOOKS like that Vector has a 5 year warranty and Alpha6s have a LIFETIME WARRANTY.

I wonder why so many people advise buying Chinese c&@p like Discovery. Don’t take me wrong but when I see a discovery scope with reticle copied from swfa or sunshaders with holes it bothers me. Some say they are good for the money but there are so many scopes that are good for the money. Some they have great glass but most of them didn’t have anything better to compare with. Some say they track well but how well is well enough all I see is that after a short while they try to sell them. Even Joe in his reviews is says about weak scopes that they are great “for the price you’re paying “ but all it means is that they are just average. You can buy FFP discovery with high magnification and all whistles and bells that comes with it or you can buy Japanese, high quality scope with clear reticle and great glass where the price is actually a reflection of quality. Moreover it is branded by American company which stands by this product with lifetime warranty.
Anybody wonders why many companies starts distributing discovery then switch to another brand no longer offering them? Buy Vortex, Leupold, Bushnell, SWFA S&B, Nightforce, Meopta, Kehles, Delta or other US, Japanese or European scopes. Pay more, don’t even look at cheap @&€). It’s good for your eyes;-)

VORTEX under $1000 are mostly CHINESE.

BUSHNELL under $1000 are mostly CHINESE.

ATHLON under $1200 are ALL CHINESE.

The ONLY reasonably priced JAPANESE scope is a $299 BUSHNELL TAC 5-15x40 SFP Front AO 15x Mildot that is on sale at SWFA that has a retail for more than twice the sale price. IMHO this one is worth more than $299. This one used to be called the Elite 3200 Tactical but looks like they put better glass in this current one.

NEXT is the JAPANESE BUSHNELL TAC 4.5-30x50 SFP 10x Mildot on sale at SWFA for $599 with a retail of just like the other TAC above more than double and every place else still sells this one for $819-$999 YUP! Is it worth $599! YUP! This one used to be the flagship Elite 6500 Tactical $1400 retail before the current 34mm tubes were named new KING and with a price to boot surpassing $2000.

The JAPANESE SWFA SS 3-15x42 FFP is overpriced IMHO and should be a $500 MAX scope. Why? Because comparing the clarity brightness and eyebox to the old school style $299 (sale price) BUSHNELL TAC 5-15x40 SFP front AO LOOKS to be pretty darn even and think it's because of the FRONT FOCUS AO. I am not going to buy any more of THIS SWFA SS. Explained below.

After comparing HUNDREDS of different scopes and returning over 60 scopes including high end ridiculously priced too embarrassing to mention here European and $1200 and under Chinese with the majority being in the $300-$600 the most common group which most AIRGUNNERS buy would have added the $650 MTC VIPER Pros too but I hadn't checked them and assumed they were going to be all perfect like Ted's Holdover video but are blurry past 20x and waited too long it's on me so I have FOUR and NONE are currently mounted on any guns since they are that terrible and really wanted to trust their ballistic turrets to click for every shot till I got bad news from several diffetent friends who all had terrible experiences with theirs.

I like trying all scopes cheap mid priced and expensive. I don't discriminate. I just don't click elevation turrets when using Chinese made scopes personal preference and only use JAPAN and European and American made scopes to click so do others who thinks like me.

I purchased nearly every single one of the Vector Optics scopes one each to start except the super cheap rubbish ones as one example and pretty much kept them all. Never knew clarity could be this cheap on multiples of different lines of Vector scopes including the 35mm ones.

Then bought a bunch of Discovery Scopes even cheaper than the Vectors with more features too. Waitaminute several are NEARLY IDENTICAL TO THE VECTORS!

Recently bought the Aim sports Alpha6s and JSAR (Crazy! Same scope!) Both brands for under $300 each. After looking through THESE something clicked and pretty much FEEL REALLY REALLY REALLY RIPPED OFF buying most $1200 and under CHINESE SCOPES! Majority being in the $400-$650 price range and the Vortex Vipers $799 and $899 weren't as clear!!! Imagine everything else Chinese under $899 how pissed off because cheaper than $899 Chinese the more blurry they get right. YEP!

It is what it is. I just recently ended up buying 1+21+44+1+1+6+2 assorted Alpha6 scopes with the majority being the 4.5-27x50. Not because they were cheap. Because they are clear. Clearer than the majority 90% of everything Chinese $1000 and under from what I saw. Discovery and Vector made up nearly 10% of the difference. The Alpha6 is pretty darn close to the Bushnell TAC 4.5-30x50. I'm not buying any more $599 Japan TACs because of no illumination which ALL ALPHA6 Scopes have. Same reason for the SWFA SS 3-15x42 plus the $199 Discovery HD and VT3 compact 3-12x44 gives it a good rub. To finish them off the Bushnell TAC 5-15x40 Front AO Mildot has perfect 15x Mildot and clarity is unbelievable. Ordered 10+1+1+20. 

Why so many scopes? Have well more than 100 guns that never had scopes still waiting. Some guns I really have to swap out their current scopes (not gonna mention most popular brands from $75-$200-$600 everyone buys) with these Alpha6s and BUSHNELL TACs due to the want for better clarity to make things more pleasant. Just recently did many side by sides with a $3200 March-F kinka crazy but that's what made me order the majority of the Alpha6s. 53 more of them to be exact in addition to the others backordered from DVOR. Once people look through an Alpha6 to compare to their $650 and under Chinese (most of them) scopes and paid $200 for their Alpha6 they will know why I sound this crazy. They probably won't need a $3200 March-F though.

What makes things even more complicated is that there are duplicates even quadruplicates of the same scopes being sold under different companies and I found the cheapest priced generic 2x to 5x cheaper than the well liked popular ones.

Coming from the same CHINA factory minor cosmetic changes and labeling are they really worth double to quadruple for a better turret with a built in stop and a different reticle? Example a $153 Vector Veyron VS a $550 US Optics TS12. Multiple different Feedback confirmed better turrets on the cheaper genetic one. I was solicited to buy two as new unmounted TS12s and told them to just return them and pay restocking fees if applicable or post them on the classifieds. I'm content with mine at $153 thank you. 

When buying Chinese just buy the cheapest version if it's the same thing anyway unless you want to pay 2x-4x to brag about your name brand and have the cash to blow. I may have the cash to blow but don't buy the highest priced version if I can help it because I don't click Chinese scopes anyway and clear glass matters the most to me.

I am aware where scopes are made in but the thread is about scopes within 1200$ budget.
Most of the scopes below 500$ don’t track well, reticles does not match actual mil/moa, glass is average. Many scopes below 1000$ have the same flows. There are some exceptions in both price ranges. If you’re looking for a decent scope under 1000$ choose Meopta Optika6 series, Delta Titanium/Titanium HD series, some Weaver scopes. There are many scopes out there with real companies standing behind them. 
And just my opinion - if you own so many guns and scopes you’re not the authority and true scope user. You can check the scope and see if it is ok or not. That is all. I always own one rifle, that I am sure of, fitted with scope that I am 100% confident in no matter the range or time of day. It just takes time to learn your gear. 

Reactions: Navnesen