• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Looking for help/info on Trapmaster 1100

Lobi

Feb 11, 2023
Michigan
So I pulled the trigger on an 1100 last night at an online auction. Now i have to wait on shipping.
I noticed, before bidding, that it appeared that the piercing plunger was missing from the piercing cap. I know parts are going to be challenging to find but the hunt is part of the fun on this old stuff.
I'll post a screenshot of the issue. Does someone recognize this? Is it possibly a modification? Missing pieces? Jgairguns has many parts but the piercing cap is not in stock. Anyone know where to find one? Anyone have a parts gun that's willing to sell pieces.
I love the, as Daisy called em, Spittin Image guns.
Thanks in advance

Screenshot_20230217_092447_Chrome.jpg

I do believe that it has a bulk-fill adapter for filling it from a tank.

J~
Oh, thanks J.
Should I rejoice? I'm a bit of a noob on pcp despite actually owning 3 of them. The ones I have all have a gauge on the gun to monitor fill pressure from my big tank. I suppose I'll have to figure out how to meter air into this 1100 if it has been converted to bulk fill.

Oh, thanks J.
Should I rejoice? I'm a bit of a noob on pcp despite actually owning 3 of them. The ones I have all have a gauge on the gun to monitor fill pressure from my big tank. I suppose I'll have to figure out how to meter air into this 1100 if it has been converted to bulk fill.

Yes. I'd call that a win. It's a money-saver. You won't have to buy Co2 cartridges for it. But you will have to pick up a Co2 paintball tank and adapter for it.

HPA isn't really practical for that gun. It uses a lot of gas for each shot and the mechanism isn't all that robust.

They're great for rat hunting!

Luck,

Jeff

Reactions: Lobi
Yes. I'd call that a win. It's a money-saver. You won't have to buy Co2 cartridges for it. But you will have to pick up a Co2 paintball tank and adapter for it.

HPA isn't really practical for that gun. It uses a lot of gas for each shot and the mechanism isn't all that robust.

They're great for rat hunting!

Luck,

Jeff
Still learning the language. HPA= high pressure air? As in the big 4500 psi tank that I have for filling my pcp's? Will a bulk fill co2 converted gun run on compressed air or does it only like co2?
Learning is fun, guns are cool.

Never seen a rat in my area but will be fun on chipmunks. I'm also looking forward to chasing a chipmunk around the yard spraying it with the full auto bb gun that I got for my daughter. She giggles shooting it in the basement

I do believe that it has a bulk-fill adapter for filling it from a tank.

J~
Ah crap! There was an assorted lot with a few bulk fill bottles and bits at the same auction. Wasn't smart enough (or educated) to grab em. They went cheap too. I'm guessing they look like the pic below (snagged from ebay).
How do you refill those little tanks and again does air vs co2 matter? I remember hearing some pcp guns don't like co2. Goes both ways?

Screenshot_20230217_110042_Chrome.jpg

No worries! Welcome to the mix here.

HPA and liquid Co2 are really different animals. Liquid Co2 maxes out at less than 1000 psi unless you heat it up and you don't ever want to do that.

You'd never get anyone to fill that tank for you anyway, so don't sweat it. It's way too far out of date for a reputable place to consider. (I had one, took it in for a fill and the guy laughed at me. True story) I'd get a full paintball tank from a local sporting goods place, take it and the adapter from the gun to a welding supply place and see if they could have a fitting to mate the two.

An internet search will show you how to bulk-fill the gun safely. That's important. You could get a bigger tank off of craigslist and set up an adapter from it. That would save you some money on refills. A twenty-pounder used to last me a couple of years.

Cool about the daughter! She'll probably love the 1100. Use the smallest size of shot you can find.

J~

Reactions: Lobi
So I pulled the trigger on an 1100 last night at an online auction. Now i have to wait on shipping.
I noticed, before bidding, that it appeared that the piercing plunger was missing from the piercing cap. I know parts are going to be challenging to find but the hunt is part of the fun on this old stuff.
I'll post a screenshot of the issue. Does someone recognize this? Is it possibly a modification? Missing pieces? Jgairguns has many parts but the piercing cap is not in stock. Anyone know where to find one? Anyone have a parts gun that's willing to sell pieces.
I love the, as Daisy called em, Spittin Image guns.
Thanks in advance

View attachment 333041
I have a almost complete 1100 I bought hears ago as a project that never happened, if your interested PM me. Until I saw this post, I complete forgot I had one. I just dug thru my storage looking for the gun, turns out it's a 622, not the trap master, I sold the 1100 many years ago, the cap may still work.20230218_131018.jpg

Last edited: