Looking for DIY Gun Rack Ideas.

Hey guys, I'm looking to make a gun rack for our air rifles. I have limited space to put it in, so the rifles need to stand up vertically. The rifles' lengths vary from 36-44" -- which is quite a bit. Both scoped and unscoped.

We have some 2x4's and 2x6's I can work with. Maybe even some 2x8's.

It doesn't need to be pretty, as it's going to be hidden behind a door so nobody sees them. We have lots of woodworking tools, and I'm a fairly proficient woodworker, but I would like it to be relatively easy to make.

Any ideas to stimulate my mind? Photos much appreciated!

unnamed.1625554220.jpg
29d24479c2db16b33c9c996ccc1031bd.1625554220.jpg

I had a tough day yesterday, and Crow's photos of his new horizontal gun rack got me so excited that I had the thought to search this forum for ideas, but it didn't occur to me to search the web until after I had posted this! I know, I'm an idiot. But I didn't find anything that meets my criteria of being exceedingly easy to build. I don't want to put a lot of work into this. So I was hoping somebody might have something real easy to make they could show me.

At end of February I bought an Evans Sports Standing Rifle Rack from Amazon for $67. Made in USA and measures 31"x10"x 35.5" Liked design so much I've made two more from plywood. I think this is design you want. Hope you can figure from Amazon photos, but I can measure anything you need. Don't know how to attach links so you'll have to head to Amazon.

WM

Well, I thought this was going to be silly easy and would only take about an hour to make. So, in typical fashion (for me), it took four hours plus an hour of cleanup. And it bears very little resemblance to what I had in mind when I started. Does that happen to any of you? 🙃

However, it didn’t cost us a thing. It was made entirely out of scrap wood and re-used screws.

It doesn’t have the elegant simplicity of Crow’s horizontal rack, but it gets the job done and it is appropriate for the venue.

And who can say it isn’t a vast improvement over what we had before?

Thank you for your feedback. Believe it or not, it did help!

DSCF0528.1625697296.JPG

DSCF0534.1625697349.JPG

The guns racks made in Texas posted by Deacon-blues above have some pretty cool looking offerings! However, the price seemed a bit high to me at right around $250 or more with shipping, depending on what options you choose. I think if you’re competent at woodworking you could build any of the ones pictured online from $8 - $40 at the most. I too have been contemplating building a gun rack BUT My only concern is my wife would be able to then see all of my guns on display at one time and she’d think I just bought 6 more guns overnight!!! I only bring one out at a time and swap a barrel or two in front of her so she sees me doing it to sell the idea that it’s just ONE gun with multiple configurations!!! Hahaha!!! Funniest part is I’m totally not joking about any of that it’s the facts gentlemen!! Therefore, any chance of me having my guns on display nice and organized went rt out the window! 

@Rawroots I wish I would have seen those pics a couple of days ago! 

Thanks a lot. Better late than never.

My biggest problem was allowing extra room for the scopes.

I'm also just a little paranoid about them falling over, ever since I leaned our HW97K against a wall and it slid over and broke a $200 scope. AOA was real nice to replace it under warranty; but I don't want that to happen again.

What's the blue tape on your rifles for?