• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Looking for Choosing Night Vision scope

Sightmark Wraith HD 2x. Cheap and heavy around $300 Sniper hog lights 66lrx or coyote cannon $175.00 to $250.00. Make a external battery pack from a Anker cellphone battery bank $10to $20. Also magnetic charging cord so you don't rip the out the port. There are some really good deals the 3-24 sightmark4k max.....new I've seen $450.00.. Good still heavy. Leave money for good Ir light and rechargeable bank......My 2 cents

Reactions: L.Leon
I use a Pard NV007a. It attaches to the ocular end of my regular scopes. Works for me and it can record shooting day or night.

@ToddGeddes63 I’ve shot paper targets with it at night from about 35 yards. Worked fine. The OneLeaf looks like a Pard knockoff to me. The OneLeaf is a more affordable unit. I can’t speak to the OneLeaf. Never used one.

I will give you my take on night vision on airguns and hopefully it will help. I have a Wraith 4k and two Pard 007’s. The Wraith is on a gun that won’t see much daylight shooting. It will still do it but it absolutely sucks compared to even mid grade optics in the daytime. The reticle selection also sucks for precision hold overs on small critters compared to a real scope. If you are a scope clicker, forget it. With the Wraith 4k it has four profiles. I have each one of them sighted in for various distances so if I’m on #1 and see something at 60 yards, I have to manually switch to #3 for a precise shot at 60. The good news is I’m not hunting lions or Cape buffalo so my life is not in danger when having to go into the menu to make the changes. The thing I like about the Wraith is it’s a nice unit and the torch that comes with it is all an airgun guy will ever need. I also don’t like having a clock ticking with the internal battery. With my Pards, I carry extra batteries with me. Now for the Pards. What I don’t like is they increase your LOP so you have to have a way to extend your buttstock or compromise by mounting your scope a little more foreword than you would like. Another thing is Pards like some scopes more than others. You would think my $2k+ Nightforce scope would be fantastic with a Pard. Its fine but I have two scopes that cost a quarter of the Nightforce and are more clear at night. What I love about the Pard is you can have adapters on several guns. I also like that if you’re a clicker like me, you can click for any distance just like you do in the daytime. If the Pard agrees with your scope, you can zoom in with way more clarity than the Wraith. This is nice for tiny critters. So in the end I won’t part with either night scopes. The Wraith will never match what a normal scope will do in the daytime but it’s also not horrible and helpless. It’s clear in the day but your super precision shooting over 50yrds is limited. But it’s a nice fit on any gun so there is no compromise to make when you mount it. It’s your guns new scope. The Pards are a bit wonky hanging off the back of your scope but with just a twist, it’s off and you’re back to your normal gun for daytime shooting. I would like to add that the guns I use the Pards on all have an easy way for me to add LOP when the sun goes down.

image.jpg

I will give you my take on night vision on airguns and hopefully it will help. I have a Wraith 4k and two Pard 007’s. The Wraith is on a gun that won’t see much daylight shooting. It will still do it but it absolutely sucks compared to even mid grade optics in the daytime. The reticle selection also sucks for precision hold overs on small critters compared to a real scope. If you are a scope clicker, forget it. With the Wraith 4k it has four profiles. I have each one of them sighted in for various distances so if I’m on #1 and see something at 60 yards, I have to manually switch to #3 for a precise shot at 60. The good news is I’m not hunting lions or Cape buffalo so my life is not in danger when having to go into the menu to make the changes. The thing I like about the Wraith is it’s a nice unit and the torch that comes with it is all an airgun guy will ever need. I also don’t like having a clock ticking with the internal battery. With my Pards, I carry extra batteries with me. Now for the Pards. What I don’t like is they increase your LOP so you have to have a way to extend your buttstock or compromise by mounting your scope a little more foreword than you would like. Another thing is Pards like some scopes more than others. You would think my $2k+ Nightforce scope would be fantastic with a Pard. Its fine but I have two scopes that cost a quarter of the Nightforce and are more clear at night. What I love about the Pard is you can have adapters on several guns. I also like that if you’re a clicker like me, you can click for any distance just like you do in the daytime. If the Pard agrees with your scope, you can zoom in with way more clarity than the Wraith. This is nice for tiny critters. So in the end I won’t part with either night scopes. The Wraith will never match what a normal scope will do in the daytime but it’s also not horrible and helpless. It’s clear in the day but your super precision shooting over 50yrds is limited. But it’s a nice fit on any gun so there is no compromise to make when you mount it. It’s your guns new scope. The Pards are a bit wonky hanging off the back of your scope but with just a twist, it’s off and you’re back to your normal gun for daytime shooting. I would like to add that the guns I use the Pards on all have an easy way for me to add LOP when the sun goes down.

View attachment 294045
Good overall review!