Looking for air guns 22. 25.;

Were is a good place to buy and air gun used at I'm looking for 22. Or 25.

Being brand-spankin' new, you are a ripe target. I would NOT buy my first airgun privately, unless it's someone you trust.

I like buying from straightshooters. Lots of folks like Airguns of Arizona and Pyramyd Air. They both have nice used guns that they'll stand behind, and they both will pick your brain about what you're after, what's your budget and try to sell you something that's right for you.

Something else you can do is try to hook up with a local member, see if he'll take you under his wings. It would be very helpful to sample the goods before you spend your money, which you can't do online. 

Things to think about now:

1. What's your budget?
  2. What will you be shooting and at what ranges?
  3. Where will you be shooting?
  4. Are you more interested in being self-contained (springers, multi-pump pneumatics) or would you be OK with some support gear for the ultimate in accuracy at range and power? (and a higher budget)
    [/LIST=1]

I'll give you a couple examples:

Gun 1 - .22 Crosman Diamondback. It's a break-barrel piston gun, powered by a gas ram. It's self-contained; doesn't need an external air source, like a PCP (pre-charged pneumatic) does. But it will only shoot as tight as about 1.5" @ 25 yards. It's got enough power (22 foot-pounds) for up to raccoon sized animals. It's quite budget friendly: at full price they run $165 or something, but they frequently go on sale for closer to $100.

Gun 2 - Air Arms S510 Extra FAC, regulated. $1400 and needs some way to fill it, whether it's a carbon fiber tank, hand pump or specialized compressor. It will shoot 1/2" groups at 50 yards, and at 30 foot-pounds in .22 cal. The fit & finish are beautiful. It will do about 60 shots per fill and has a wonderful trigger to get that top accuracy. The power is adjustable too, so you can shoot it 400 FPS with light pellets in your basement, or 950 FPS with heavy pellets in the field.

Gun 2 is not even a top-of-the-line gun any more, as those run $2k+ nowadays.

There are almost infinite options between the two extremes.

Start with budget, then with what you want to shoot with it and where you'll shoot it and go from there.