• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Looking for advice for a friend on iguana hunting rifle

He decided to go with the sigsauer, 22 cal with a nice silencer.

mike

My asp20 is a friggin beast. I've taken chipmunks at almost 50 yards, no problem. The only issue I had with it was the learning curve. For me, it was steep and I had to ignore most advice I received. I hold mine snug...not tight, but snug at the shoulder. Probably equally important for me was my hand placement at the forearm/handguard......near the balance point and must be identical each time. Some of my other springers required light holds. It took probably 1000 rounds for me to figure out my sig. My HW's almost shoot themselves, but I had to tame the sig. Once I perfected my hold, I can shoot the heck out of that gun. I'd say, for me, it was my toughest springer to figure out, but it was well worth the effort. It's my most frequently chosen hunter/poster at this point. 

Best of luck!!

You will benefit from learning iguana characteristics. They are social, have habits, cautious about new surroundings. Google info search fair. If you read pet owner comments you will learn a lot more. Shot placement is very important. The are also great swimmers and can stay submerged for long time. I have seen wounded ones bagged and placed in a freezer for humane finish. Some neighborhood associations contract for removal. .22 cal will work fine for a good shooter. Extra shots likely needed at times and that limits break barrel choices. Gamo Swarm 10 shot ?