• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back to a traditional "Forum List" view, and/or "Light" mode click HERE.

Looking for a wood worker (who works on gun stocks) to give me an estimate on a repair (MONEY NOT AN ISSUE)

Crack encompasses the entire hand-rest. There is also a crack where the main action sits. Needs to be done perfectly. Money is NOT an issue. Even if it costs as much as a new stock to fix. Give me an estimate in DMs and link your website.

CB010DD7-10D9-41A4-9FCD-97728A6409A2.jpeg

50191FD7-89B0-44D0-B890-0218126DDBFE.jpeg

A10B23E4-9F22-4F52-B868-12CBECAF01BB.jpeg

51225726-82AA-45C6-88F2-72F2AB809B81.jpeg

4FA6BE4E-E974-4AD5-BC1F-68FD8725BE04.jpeg

C1625362-FD5C-4A02-B54C-0F680AC4F7C8.jpeg

2F89DF5B-2DEA-43F3-9134-8C7B901DD525.jpeg

www.airgunstocks.com

Look here, Michael just did a HW 98, I think my hand slipped when cocking and the barrel slammed back up and the shock completel split the stock in two pieces through the pistol grip area. He glued it back together and then put a steel rod through the pistol grip area to reinforce . If you look very very closely you can barely see faint line where the break occured.

Here is a link to some pictures of the the work he took while working on it and posted.

He sent the stock back and said to pay whatever I though was appropriate for the work. I did not hurry him as weather was freezing in his part of California at the time and he said his shop was unheated, so I told him to take his time.

Reactions: Maizen
What a HIT it took to split across the lamination's !!

Fix is using FINISH GRADE epoxy that when mixed up is warm honey or thinner in texture, slow curing and penetrates very well. Some heat on opposing side to where epoxy is placed will draw the epoxy in towards the heat source. Over and over you do the same untill the joint threw entire fracture is wet.
Clamp down on the crack, wipe off excess and set aside for 36-48 hours.
Have repaired quite a few stocks threw the years with similar fractures. It will never be cosmetically back 100%, but the structural integrity can be saved.

NOW all that said ... I see something that is NOT supposed to be there ... That BLACK plug / filler just behind the receiver pocket LOOKS LIKE a PREVIOUS REPAIR was made from the stock having a broken wrist area previous ? Common to drill and place a vertical dowel or wood screw in that area that travels into the grip drawing them together or if minor aligning ?

Just observations ... Been there & done that :oops:

What a HIT it took to split across the lamination's !!

Fix is using FINISH GRADE epoxy that when mixed up is warm honey or thinner in texture, slow curing and penetrates very well. Some heat on opposing side to where epoxy is placed will draw the epoxy in towards the heat source. Over and over you do the same untill the joint threw entire fracture is wet.
Clamp down on the crack, wipe off excess and set aside for 36-48 hours.
Have repaired quite a few stocks threw the years with similar fractures. It will never be cosmetically back 100%, but the structural integrity can be saved.

NOW all that said ... I see something that is NOT supposed to be there ... That BLACK plug / filler just behind the receiver pocket LOOKS LIKE a PREVIOUS REPAIR was made from the stock having a broken wrist area previous ? Common to drill and place a vertical dowel or wood screw in that area that travels into the grip drawing them together or if minor aligning ?

Good eye. I didn’t notice that sticker.

Last edited:
Could you get another one from RAW?
The part i dont get..

Money no object just get new. The thing is a patch is a patch and will always be a weak spot.

Then you jave whoever "fix" it and what ? Hope it holds or get ot back and somthings not up to satisfaction? And you spent that new stock money for whats still a broken stock.

Now if you do the job yourself that's another story . Theres a guy here not long ago posted his broken stock and asked advice and all took what he got added some of his and to be honest the stock turned out great ..lol. Looked better then original with his added personal touch.

Reactions: Spinach and jking
The guy in this thread repaired a snapped in two synthetic stock for me. Excellent work and I think he does wood stocks as well.

I assume all of the current RAW stocks have the wrist of the stock reinforced with what looks like a carbon fiber rod. I know mine does. It appears to be drilled through the from the black spot in the above picture and the is a similar black spot on the bottom of the pistol grip.

Reactions: Maizen
I assume all of the current RAW stocks have the wrist of the stock reinforced with what looks like a carbon fiber rod. I know mine does. It appears to be drilled through the from the black spot in the above picture and the is a similar black spot on the bottom of the pistol grip.
This makes so much more sense now. Thank you. It explains a lot.