• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back to a traditional "Forum List" view, and/or "Light" mode click HERE.

Looking for a Texas destination for big game. Anyone have any suggestions?

A couple of buddies and I are looking at possibly taking a roadie to Texas. Two of us are airgun guys, one is strictly rifle. We're looking for a place that's either high or low fence, has multiple species (pigs, whitetail, possibly exotics), has accommodations and guides, and is reasonably priced. We're not into fancy four-star dining, wine & cheese, etc. Probably be arriving by either pickup truck and/or small enclosed trailer with coolers/gear and secure storage.

My searches reveal an overwhelming number of options, but I'd rather have some first-hand referrals. I just got back from an Alaska fishing trip with supposedly 'the best' guide (just ask him, he'll tell you) who's always on TV acting and YouTube looking like a hero. Let's just say if I didn't have experience fishing, I would have been doomed, as I had to literally dig through garbage piles and dirt to scrounge up some basic fishing gear to salvage my trip. I don't want that experience repeated if I can at all help it.

Appreciate any feedback you provide. Thanks guys.

@Steelhead707 Somewhere in West Texas is probably your best bet. There are ranches with thousands of acres out there. I’m on the opposite end of the state where ranches with canned hunts tend to be in the hundreds of acres from what I’ve seen. I know of one where I’ve seen a herd of trophy-looking bucks each year over the years, but I have never hunted high fence properties. I dunno what else they have there. The sign says whitetails and exotics. You can PM if you have specific questions.