Looking For A Tack Driver

So I am going down the rabbit hole of pcp and have a gauntlet .25 already and a Aspen .22 on order got the gauntlet for small game and pesting needs but after a scope bipod and larger tank, and the donnyfl sumo, it's right around 11-12 pounds and that is getting up there so I am looking for essentially 2 new guns 1 light but super accurate with a decent shot count in .25 and than a nice bench and sitting in one position pest gun. Any input would be greatly appreciated. I did recently see the hatsan airmax 85 shots in .25 not to shabby maybe for a bench gun and a no moving pest situation. Price range would really like to stay under $1000 or less I'm a stay at home dad and the boss said she won't finance any more of my hobbies so I have to be wise. 

This is only an opinion and is based on my own personal preference because … preferences are personal. What works for me may not work for you in the appearance number of gadgets that you may want to add … but I will say this … if you are looking for a razor accurate gun that is middle of the road heavy … say around 8 or 9 lbs … I would give the Vulcan 2 Tactic a real serious look. 70 yard half inch groups right out of the box in .25 cal are pretty much the norm. It took only 2 magazines for me to fall head over heels in love with this little sweetie. Put a Donny FL Sumo on it and it's mouse fart quiet. Other great options would be Wildcat Mk 11, the Veteran, Impact X MK 11, Brocock Bantam in various configurations etc, etc, etc.I don't think anyone would ever fault you if you chose a RAW HM 1000 in .25 for a great bench rest gun for targets or pests. I would have a RAW right now except for the fact that I have heard they are not exactly back yard friendly in anything other than .22 cal … the Daystate Redwolf is turning heads also. Honestly there are a lot of guns out there these days that are excellent tack drivers for target practice, hunting or competition. With so many options it truly is a great time to be an airgunner. The biggest problem is finding out which one you want and what will suit your pocketbook.

I have a .25 cal Cricket and I think it's a great gun. Amazing out to 50 yards. Have gotten 0.3" groups at 50.

My Impact .25 recently found it's sweet spot on a tune and is consistently doing under 1" groups at 100 yards with a couple of groups too good to believe. But with both guns, they have to be tuned right before they sing.

I've heard great things about the Vulcan's but have not shot them.

Brawler, what ranges are you going to be shooting and what is your intended prey?

I will echo the Royal 400. Its not the newest kid on the block, but they just got it right with that one! 3 power settings for whatever you may want to use it for. Ive owned the cricket, wildcat in 25. The daystate huntsman in 22. This one edges them all out. Its a solid platform period. Feels.very light in your hand, just balanced right. Mine came shooting jsb 18's at 915 out of the box. I have no problem popping starlings at 100. I liked the 25's but 90% of the time it was more juice than i needed.

Brawler, what ranges are you going to be shooting and what is your intended prey?

I will echo the Royal 400. Its not the newest kid on the block, but they just got it right with that one! 3 power settings for whatever you may want to use it for. Ive owned the cricket, wildcat in 25. The daystate huntsman in 22. This one edges them all out. Its a solid platform period. Feels.very light in your hand, just balanced right. Mine came shooting jsb 18's at 915 out of the box. I have no problem popping starlings at 100. I liked the 25's but 90% of the time it was more juice than i needed.

Solid response I don't think it would be past 50 yards but would like to reach out if I wanted. The gun will probably out shoot me anyway, when you say the .25 was to much 90% of the time what do you mean.

FX Dreamline classic or lite is under 6 lbs. STO on here makes mods that are extremely light and effective will cut even more weight over an aluminum mod.

Do you have any of his posts can't find one to check it out.

https://www.airgunnation.com/topic/fx-crown-bespoke-moderator-tesla-gas-diode/

Here you go.

His mods are brilliant. Got two Levitas and nothing I've tried yet compares. Haven't tried the Pilum yet but I imagine they're even more impressive. Just a note that the Levitas is designed to onto a shroud and not directly on the barrel itself - acts as the first chamber and makes a big difference in my experience. The Pilum may be different? Chat to him and he'll let you know. 

Cheers 

More power than i needed basically. I like to shoot at critters in the trees also and found myself grabbing my 177 and 22 way more often than the 25. I live in the country on acreage but still have neighbors. A 25 grain @910 fps can travel 649 yards if there's nothing in the way to stop it. Besides...I rarely get a shot over 100 yrds. And when i swat a tree rat in the noggin at 40, i doubt he can tell the difference what caliber it was. JMO

the advantage of our air guns ,is we can use them in places that need low or less power . I have a 25 cal that shoots 33 gr @ 870 fps. that is more power than I need in my edge of city limits location. All my pest control is with my .22s I just use my .25 for ringing the 4" plate by my ground feeder to irritate the squirrels. 80 yr old widow next door wont let me shoot them, so I just scare the heck out of them, they run to her yard and I grin

each air gunner has to determine his own needs,wants,and uses for power and caliber. That is why I have 3 in use and will get a ZBROIA SAPSAN this fall when they become available😃. I dont need it ,I dont need it, OH heck ya I want it