• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FWB Looking for a specific front globe insert...

I picked up an FWB300 for a friend so I did the usual teardown and inspection and gave it a quick test run before handing it over to him. This gun came with a clear 10m insert which I am really starting to like. Does anyone make this style insert that will fit an HW front globe or a 124 globe?

20230810_191728.jpg

There is a chap on the Airgunforums that who makes exactly those £15 for a set of three. If you join I am sure he would make you the size that you require. Its a good forum rather like this one with a few American Members. I have several sets made for three different guns including the fwb300s.
It’s a great forum and I’ve been meaning to join because if you have a Logun Mark II pro and a Walther Maximathor there’s a lot more help there than State side. Sqwirl57 if you’re going to order some LMK. I wouldn’t mind some for HW.

Reactions: Sqwirl57
when Slimline sight insert were sold the model 300 -150-124 would have taken 15.9mm clear or tinted inserts, those also used in Old Walther, Diana and Kimber 82
the 15.9 can be found on Ebay
https://www.ebay.com/itm/332403540723?hash=item4d64cb82f3:g:6JMAAOSwDYBio3Si

now i don't think Slimline made HW inserts and at .575 or about 14.6mm the 15.9 inserts could cut down with a clever jig
the insert you show looks like it could have come from and early Diana 75 but now sure

just a side note he would sell these inserts in clear round storage units and if a company want a large ordr the slimline name was replaced with the sellers name
he was originally out of BC Canada and then he disappeared
SlimelineSightInsertsBoxContents001.jpg

SlimelineSightInsertsFlyerPg1.jpg

I shot these yesterday in a gusty wind see one pellet trying to shoot between gusts. I was using these forsight perspex front sights from the AGF. Shot these rested at 20yds. The top card was shot against my highly tuned scoped HW77. The bottom card was as you see shot using my 3 year old hw77 with the diopter.
1CE522A1-AD9F-48BA-BD2E-EBCCDE25B9E3.jpeg
A0D4866B-8875-45DD-9B4B-56F391A01FE5.jpeg

I have a Diana 75 T01 with the diopter rear and clear plastic insert in the front globe. Works really well.
A Diana 75 is exactly what I'm looking to use one in 😄

I found an a different insert that my friend would like better than this one so I'm just going to swap it into my Diana. Supposedly that should work.

A Diana 75 is exactly what I'm looking to use one in 😄

I found an a different insert that my friend would like better than this one so I'm just going to swap it into my Diana. Supposedly that should work.

Funny coincidence! I love mine. Bought it from a local fellow who had some real success shooting 10 meter at the state level back in the early 90's. I'm getting ready to tear it down and re-seal it. The rubber of the buttpad is dry and cracked as well so I need to fabricate a suitable replacement. Got it for what I consider to be a really fair price. Great gun.

DSC01657 3.JPG

when Slimline sight insert were sold the model 300 -150-124 would have taken 15.9mm clear or tinted inserts, those also used in Old Walther, Diana and Kimber 82
the 15.9 can be found on Ebay
https://www.ebay.com/itm/332403540723?hash=item4d64cb82f3:g:6JMAAOSwDYBio3Si

now i don't think Slimline made HW inserts and at .575 or about 14.6mm the 15.9 inserts could cut down with a clever jig
the insert you show looks like it could have come from and early Diana 75 but now sure

just a side note he would sell these inserts in clear round storage units and if a company want a large ordr the slimline name was replaced with the sellers name
he was originally out of BC Canada and then he disappeared
View attachment 379832

View attachment 379831

So a guy could not get some plexiglass or lexan and cut and drill one ?

Seems a steady hand and a Dremel could do..

So a guy could not get some plexiglass or lexan and cut and drill one ?

Seems a steady hand and a Dremel could do..

Lexan tends to be cloudy, and is awfully hard to work with. I'd go with plexiglass or clear ABS as they are very clear, easy to cut and drill, and easily polished. You could probably re-create the angled part of the hole that catches the light with a starter drill.

Lexan tends to be cloudy, and is awfully hard to work with. I'd go with plexiglass or clear ABS as they are very clear, easy to cut and drill, and easily polished. You could probably re-create the angled part of the hole that catches the light with a starter drill.
Theres bits for that hole metal or stone . The stone you can pre shape to suit the need

th-4197583710.jpg

Reactions: Northwoods22
the idea of making the clear insert is very interesting and i think those that do are in for a very big surprise
first solve all the problem you are going to have, all the tools you could need
the tooling to make the inserts is far more money than the 3 bucks you could buy one for
a set of these was 20 bucks back in the day and they came in the holding tray
so, i am a hoarder, inserts, front sight, diopters and here is what some of it looks like
but when i need something i just go to that box
nothing for sale and yes this has taken many, many, years of collecting and yes i am nuts but it all has value
SAM_0514.JPG
SAM_0515.JPG
SAM_0516.JPG

the idea of making the clear insert is very interesting and i think those that do are in for a very big surprise
first solve all the problem you are going to have, all the tools you could need
the tooling to make the inserts is far more money than the 3 bucks you could buy one for
a set of these was 20 bucks back in the day and they came in the holding tray
so, i am a hoarder, inserts, front sight, diopters and here is what some of it looks like
but when i need something i just go to that box
nothing for sale and yes this has taken many, many, years of collecting and yes i am nuts but it all has value
View attachment 380696View attachment 380697View attachment 380698
Nothing nuts about that. I'd say you have things pretty well figured out

about 7-8 years ago i went down the rabbit hole of diopter sights and insert
Mike Driskill and i had many posts on sights front and rear
i found that Kimber 82 rifle have the same front sight as a Diana model 75 TO1 and some guy was selling them on Ebay and i bought 4 or 5 and found some more
i can see an insert and tell you most of the time what it is to but not and expert on every damn one just to many
and then i found Egun and found i could diopter sights out of Germany for 50% of what they sold for here and bought to many
but in the end all i was doing is trading money for parts and the parts are worth more than i paid for them
you see a 75 globe sight for 40.00 with 10 inserts, do you let it go and not buy it, hell no you buy it, now they sell insert for 6 buck a piece
Diopter sights are fun, you get Anschutz, Diana, FWB and why would you do that, well they were cheap
say, Diana has 5 main Diopter sights
the model 60
the model 75
the model 75 TO1 not interchangeable with the model 75
the model 100 and comes with different sunshade lengths 20 click
the model 82 very rare made by Elite i believe at the time in Switzerland 20 click
the Anschutz sights are too many to list but the 2 i have would be air rifle friendly because of the varied dovetails we deal with
sights are just a rabbit hole i jumped in and had a good time
whereas many have a closet full of pellets that weights 100lb i have sights and way too many LOL

Reactions: Frogy and Sqwirl57