• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Looking for a small springer for a wheelchair shooter

My brother is in a wheelchair and he wants a small carbine type break barrel or underlever. He only has 3/4 use of the right arm and full use of the left arm. There is a rest for the gun that can be attached to the front of the chair which helps him a lot. Currently he is using a Crosman 2400KT because the size is right and CO2 is easy for him. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Reactions: maxtrouble
😅i am always the odd man🥴
Does it have to be a rifle?
Distance shooting?
Intended targets?
For up close paper; my break barrel go to would be my Umarex Trevox for .177(pistol scoped,good out to 30 or 40 yards)
A little farther and in .22?
My Hatsan Mod25 Supertact QE. It's not so easy to cock but it packs a mean wallop. Can get it to hit my cast iron pan target at 100yrd.🤷‍♂️
My rifles are all too long vs the hw30.
But have they tried a multipump as well? Lots of ways to mod stuff as well. Just throwing out ideas. Don't want you to think there is only one option.
🤓🤙

Reactions: johnac00
😅i am always the odd man🥴
Does it have to be a rifle?
Distance shooting?
Intended targets?
For up close paper; my break barrel go to would be my Umarex Trevox for .177(pistol scoped,good out to 30 or 40 yards)
A little farther and in .22?
My Hatsan Mod25 Supertact QE. It's not so easy to cock but it packs a mean wallop. Can get it to hit my cast iron pan target at 100yrd.🤷‍♂️
My rifles are all too long vs the hw30.
But have they tried a multipump as well? Lots of ways to mod stuff as well. Just throwing out ideas. Don't want you to think there is only one option.
🤓🤙
No he really wants a rifle.

• Love
Reactions: iAMzehTOASTY1
how far are you from OK city ? there is a monthly FT match there maybe contact them for ideas or hands on testing ? if i was closer i certainly would volunteer .

C02 does sound like a good fit crossman has several carbines OR maybe a 2300 pistol build ?
We are about 70 miles from OKC. He has the Crosman 2400KT which is what they used to call the 2250. It is a good CO2 and he likes it but he wants a springer. I have a friend with an HW30 and I am going to go borrow it sometime this week.

Okie dokie!🤗 then...without further adue:
Screenshot_20230716_134343_Chrome.jpg
Let them take a gander see👀🤩🤓🎩🤙

If money is tight.

Xisco use to make one, more as a cheap HW 30 alternative. A supertuned one from Mike Mellick would be a good gun. However Flying Dragons no longer sells them. Not sure if Gamo has a small break barrel. I know Cabelas had some low power air guns cheap guns like Gamos and Stoegers. None of the above hold a candle to a HW 30 which would be the route I would go. This gun will last him a life time and he will never outgrow. The cheap stuff may not last and certainly not as accurate, so fun factor will be less.

Reactions: bf1956
The R7 / HW 30 would be a fabulous choice!

But...here is another idea: the FWB 300S Junior (aka "Mini"). It's quite a bit heavier, but with a rest on the chair perhaps that is manageable? It's incredibly accurate, has a fabulous trigger, and is incredibly easy to cock (which has to be done with the right hand - but it's so easy I can do it literally with my little finger). The fixed-barrel, sidelever action would eliminate having to pick it up between shots to cock and load it, too.

Last edited:
Reactions: Westypete
Never tried a HW30, but can say my FWB 300 is the easiest cocking gun I have. I can literally cock it with one finger. Heavy, yes, but that trigger and accuracy. Mine is an early 1980's model and has never been touched internally and still going strong. You might try for one of the Junior models, but no idea of stock dimensions. He is in a wheel chair, so will be shooting sitting, probably off a bench, so weight should not be much of a problem . I can leave mine on a shooting tripod with owl ear bags and a rear bag and cock it without touching the stock or barrel.

Reactions: MDriskill