• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Looking for a silencer/suppressor

That is NOT true airgun suppressors are legal, not sure what you need for that gun, but Every airgun that I own is suppressed except a beeman p17 that the suppressor caused clipping on. You will need to remove the front sight blade and get a slip-on or adaptor for that rifle, so you need to measure the barrel diameter and go from there.

Last edited:
Reactions: HubenK1Sniper92
Order silencer from Buck-rail.com
I can see a Break barrel needing a moderator
Some of MY break barrels are too loud in the basement , Matter of fact ill try that right now . be back later .
Diana 54 listed as moderate loud , Donny FL sumo rigged on , YES a substantial difference in sound . The OP has a Magnum springer which is at least as loud as my 54.

Reactions: iAMzehTOASTY1
Diana 54 listed as moderate loud , Donny FL sumo rigged on , YES a substantial difference in sound . The OP has a Magnum springer which is at least as loud as my 54.
I'd say much like my winchester 1100ss
Got her canned and now I just hear a slight thump and the mechanicals

Reactions: beerthief
even with a silencer you still have a lot of mechanical noise , a pcp with that same power should make almost no noise
Joel is right about that, I bought the Air Mag a couple years ago and its a beast and needs to be de tuned- its noisy and kicks ,most of the noise is coming through the stock when you shoot it though.

If OP is shooting lead-free or very light pellets, might be trying to address loud crack associated with supersonic speeds. Doubt moderator will help in that case. WM
moderators are designed to take the high crack out aren't they ? at least mine do

Reactions: iAMzehTOASTY1
The moderators on spring/gas piston air rifles do work but not as well as on PCP/CO2/pump air guns.

Most of the noise is mechanical (cannot be silenced) and caused by the metal piston hitting the metal receiver/barrel.
I had a Ruger, and while the piston is quite loud, the "crack" coming out of the muzzle sounds like a .22 rimfire. I gave the rifle to my son-in-law who lives in a more rural setting where the noise is not such a big deal.

The moderators on spring/gas piston air rifles do work but not as well as on PCP/CO2/pump air guns.

Most of the noise is mechanical (cannot be silenced) and caused by the metal piston hitting the metal receiver/barrel.
Yes, you still have the mechanical noise, that you the shooter will notice, but a mod takes away the snap and makes a huge difference for those not holding the gun.

I would not be able to shoot my HW95 in the backyard without one.

moderators are designed to take the high crack out aren't they ? at least mine do
Can't shoot the alloy, lead-free pellets in my Benjamin Trail NP XL .22 without neighbors complaining. The crack of the pellet breaking the sound barrier, echoing from downrange, sounds to them like a strictly forbidden powder-burner. Not sure in the trajectory where the pellet passes the supersonic threshold but seems past any moderator. Can't be sure, no moderator on the Benji and have only fired a few, for obvious reasons. WM