Looking for a scba tank

I previously had asked about using an oxygen tank to fill my RAW and quickly learned that was not a good idea. So now I am trying to find a scba tank. On eBay they have ace care scba tanks. These are Chinese made which I am not happy about but they are new and under $300 dollars. Are these any good or should I be looking at something else? I am wanting to stay under $300 and it does not matter if it is new. Thanks again.

I don't know how soon you need one. I was able to find an awesome deal about a week ago and posted on the forum about it. It was a new in box 45min drager scba tank made in 2019 for only 170 shipped to me, it even came full. It is also dot certified that way you should be able to get it filled anywhere. you will have to be patient but you can find deals every now and then.

I have the Acecare 9L and it's been perfect. I'm not crazy about it being from China either, but this is an expensive sport and you have to start somewhere. 

The downside is that you have to be able to fill it yourself. No one will fill it for you without the DOT tag. 

If you have a compressor, go for it. Otherwise you might want to make sure you get a tank that you can get filled anywhere.

I have an Air Venturi and a Brancato, both 74 cu ft. The Air Venturi was definitely cheaper than the Brancato. The Brancato has a tank pressure gauge ( which is way off of actual psi) and there’s a liquid filled gauge for fill pressure. Anyway, the valve on the Air Venturi is downright hard to turn, whereas the Brancato is fairly easy. Just an FYI.

Randy

From ebay seller in Gerry52 link 

" Valid for professional use until 06/2022

Current hydro! "

I'm not a professional (I did stay in a Holiday inn once or twice. Are Holiday inns still around ? ) so can someone educate me on how long these would be ok for a normally cautious person to keep using?

From ebay seller in Gerry52 link 

" Valid for professional use until 06/2022

Current hydro! "

I'm not a professional (I did stay in a Holiday inn once or twice. Are Holiday inns still around ? ) so can someone educate me on how long these would be ok for a normally cautious person to keep using?

That’s a good deal. In US their life is 15 years but safe to use for twice that. just buy that and hydro test it right away then you should have a piece mind for next 5 years but you will need a compressor which is a necessity anyways if you shoot more than a couple of shots a day. 

I'd feel safe using it for another 15 years. I was in the fire protection field since 1991 so I speak from personal experience (I'm also licensed for hydrotesting). If no obvious outward signs of burning, denting, fraying carbon fiber or damaged resin coating you're probably good to go. These tanks are extremely robust & have a safety margin of WELL OVER 15 yrs but everyone has to make their own, comfortable decisions 

Boy can I relate to “but dang”. I started with a FX Impact .22. Bought an extra FX carbon fiber bottle for it and a Hill hand pump. I anticipated long days at the range so bought an Umarex Ready Air, then for whatever reason, I’ve yet to understand, I felt an Omega Air Charger would serve me better. Then, to be sure I would have nice dry air I added a Brancato molecular sieve filter dryer and a 74 cu ft carbon fiber tank. I figured, yeah, this is the hot set up. Then, I keep torturing myself be reading about guys with Alkin’s and convinced myself I couldn’t live without one so ordered one and another 74 cu ft carbon fiber tank. NOW, I think I have the ultimate set up, I think. 

I since added an FX Crown Continuum and an Air Arms S510 XS. I might be done Haha

This summer is going to be awesome. Last day of my working life is July 6th, 2022 and it’s regular range days for me. 

Randy