Looking for a pro at bluing.

Give Scott Blair a call. 603-903-5368.
Screenshot_20220321-152402_Chrome.1647890737.jpg

dasman,

A lifetime of trying to get this right has taught me a lot. Trying to understand what you expect from the finished product, and considering the rifle to be refinished, I think modern hot blueing would meet your needs (not cold blue touch up). But be aware that while your rifle should be an easy one the final finish can only be as good as the buffing step. If the final finish is important to you I suggest you take the parts to be refinished to a known gunsmith and it won’t cost that much to have it done right. It’s almost a lost art.

dasman,

A lifetime of trying to get this right has taught me a lot. Trying to understand what you expect from the finished product, and considering the rifle to be refinished, I think modern hot blueing would meet your needs (not cold blue touch up). But be aware that while your rifle should be an easy one the final finish can only be as good as the buffing step. If the final finish is important to you I suggest you take the parts to be refinished to a known gunsmith and it won’t cost that much to have it done right. It’s almost a lost art.

You know, that was my intent initially. Called around (I live Mi) and got the name of a gunsmith in Saginaw. They wouldn't touch it because it was an airgun. Wouldn't go beyond it. Still waiting on the above gentlemen. And thx for your experience! I'll seek out another gs too. Can't believe there isn't one around the corner. Have been told that the best ones have passed to the great gun shop in the sky.