Looking for a place to shoot rats in Nor Cal

Hi I’m located in northern CA in El Dorado Hills and I’m all set up for shooting rats at night with the ATN 4K scope and a really nice thermal monocular paired up with my leshiy 2 I just got delivered last week. I have shot at a couple of farms in the past but I’m no longer located near them so I figured I’d put my feelers out there and see if anyone is looking to get some help with removing pests where it’s mutually beneficial (I get a cool place to shoot). I said rats only because I have experience shooting them and expensive night vision gear that I’d like to utilize, but I’m willing to shoot other stuff as well. I’ve actually had 3 outings to a dairy farm shooting pigeons before as well as a couple of years shooting rats on farms so I’m familiar with the safety concerns that come with it and I am very careful not to damage any surrounding equipment or unintended animals. I have a leshiy 2 in .25 cal and an FX Impact MK2 in .30 cal and I don’t have the opportunity to shoot them at my house as much as I’d like so, if anyone is in my area and has a place as I described and wouldn’t mind an extra shooter then let me know thx! 

Thanks,

Sia

Thanks for the info Motörhead I have not contacted any wineries or farms that I’ve seen up here as of yet. I figured if someone locally already had a place they were shooting at it would be easier to gain permission to shoot on the property vs trying to convince a farm owner that it’s a good idea and that it can be done with minimal, if any, affect on their operations since the airguns are so quiet and accurate. I had a couple of really good areas a few years ago at a duck club I was a member at. The rats would get under the hoods of our trucks and chew up all the wiring and really cause some serious damage. It was CRAZY how many rats would come out at night time their and it was just a flooded rice field I can only imagine how many rats are at these properties that have chickens or any other livestock that would attract them because even with 4 guys shooting them 3 nights per week, it seemed like they were reproducing just as fast and their was never a shortage of targets! I will start reaching out to landowners if I don’t get anyone via this post that has a spot and is willing to let me come along to join them. 

If someone already has permission to shoot some place it's very unlikely they are going to invite someone they don't know to shoot with them so keep that in mind. The Sacramento Valley has a huge ground squirrel problem particularly in orchards so look around and see what you find and try to get a hold of some farmers and explain the benefits of using air rifles versus firearms to keep them under control 

Thanks for the info on the ground squirrels and orchards that’s a good Avenue to explore. With regards to someone having permission to shoot somewhere and not wanting to invite a stranger; I completely understand that and I am more looking for someone who maybe doesn’t have the best equipment for the job or who is only shooting during the daytime, and I’d be willing to let them use the top of the line gear I purchased in order to actually make an impact on the rat population. Using Thermal and night vision to shoot them in the dark when they are most active and not alerting them with flashlights along with using some of the best air guns available is hopefully some incentive for them to reach out…? Besides, I think I’m up there with easily being one the top 5 funnest people in the world to shoot with, so once I met them they’d surely invite me back out to do it again Hahaha!! I mean I would definitely want me to come out and join myself if I already had a place to shoot that’s for sure!! Lol! Maybe my post was wishful thinking but I figured it’s at least worth a shot (literally)! 

Crosman999, yeah I agree a .177 or .22 would prob be ideal but I can adjust the power wheel on my impact down to a level where pass through should not be a concern. I have experience with shooting safely on a couple farms and setting up a place with a proper backstop where most of the shots will take place is something I’ve always done in the past.. Put a little bait station out where you know even if the pellet goes through it will not be able to get through the backstop… Flyers are a great idea! What did you put on them, in terms of verbiage, if you don’t mind me asking? What places (petco, petsmart? Or just local mom n pop feed shops?) did you post them where you ended up getting a bite as well..? Thanks for the replies all the info is helpful and I appreciate it! 

@Droppindrakes34 - just came accros this post and if still interested in finding a shooting locations for rats, then I definitely have that and even the right gear but am new at this and so be interested in connecting with a friendly shooting companion and advisor. I am a little South from you in the La Grange area and have a 15 acres property infested with rats I would like to control. Ping me back if still interested.