Looking for a Pistol scope with a AO or parallax of 25yds or less.

Seems most pistol scopes have a fixed parallax at 50yds, the Adjustable Objective one I have looked at seems to only go down to 25yds and I have only been able to find one which is a Burris with an Adjustable Objective and with a $500 price tag that's out of my budget range for this $179 Diana Bandit pistol.

Are there any other options for a pistol optic that have a fixed parallax of 25yds instead of 50yds or that have a AO of 25yds or less.

Most of all my pistol shooting with my new PCP pistol will be done at 25yds for paper punching and then even less like 10-15yds on the mice I plan on dispatching.

Anyone using a scout scope on their pistol?

If you have any recommendations on an optic please share, Thanks.

Reactions: .20calguy
it would be cheaper and more effective AND open up some configuration options to get a chaser rifle and put the stock on the bandit .. then for an optic at that range, one i have thats a good fit for the fun, a pretty much parallax free to less than 15' is an ultra cheapo 'sniper' 4x32 .. its actually well built and clear .. eyebox is alittle tight but personally i can live with it for the money ...

I have several pistol scopes and they all sit in a drawer now. Parallax was not right, they were lacking in image brightness and quality and I found rifle scopes suit my needs even on pistols.

As my pistols are all good to 50+ yards I use the Hawke Vantage 2x7x32, Vector Optics Veyron 3x12x44 or the Discovery 3x12x44 on my pistols these days.

The Hawke Vantage 2x7x32 is probly the best $100-150 scope you will find out there and has that wonderful reticle as well.

https://www.amazon.com/Hawke-Sport-Optics-Vantage-Riflescope/dp/B00WN2669C

The Vector Optics Veyron and Discovery VT-3 scopes are both compact and lighter weight scopes in 3x12x44 with 30mm tubes. They are both decent for the money around $200 and both Mil/Mil scopes so none of that funky Hawke Mil/MOA stuff going on. So there is some give and take between the two and I like them both for what they are.

If you are going for an FFP the Veyron has a pretty thin reticle and it can get lost in a dark background at lower magnification. But it does focus down to 7 yards at full 12 power so that is not often a problem. It weighs in at 17.6oz and has a nice Mil Hash reticle. It is available in a 2nd focal plane scope as well.

https://www.opticsplanet.com/vector-optics-veyron-3-12x44mm-rifle-scope.html

The Discovery will just barely focus to 10 yards if you turn the power down to 6 but it has a thicker reticle that is easier to pick up at lower magnification so it is not a problem either. It weighs in at 18.3oz and has a nice Mil Quad reticle. These are also available in 1st or 2nd focal plane.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000120149525.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.0.0.f9303d1dQzbaBT&algo_pvid=1af8c302-8873-4ad4-8c65-54cc14f64e57&algo_exp_id=1af8c302-8873-4ad4-8c65-54cc14f64e57-5

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005001994490826.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.0.0.f9303d1dQzbaBT&algo_pvid=1af8c302-8873-4ad4-8c65-54cc14f64e57&algo_exp_id=1af8c302-8873-4ad4-8c65-54cc14f64e57-0

Reactions: cavedweller
I don't want to beat a dead horse, but our OP with the striking screenname probably needs to decide one thing before buying a scope:

How he plans on holding the pistol! 😄

🔹Deadhorse, are you set on holding the pistol like a traditional "hand gun" — in one hand with an outstretched arm?

➔ Then you'll need a scope with an extra long pistol eye relief. And that cuts out 98% of the available scopes. And the ones available will not give you much selection of features, prices, etc. 😟 

🔹OR: Are you open to rest the gun on a gun rest, or a door frame/ wall/ window?

➔ That would allow you to use any scope with a "normal" rifle scope eye relief.

And then you get to have a vaaast selection of scopes,** with many different features for your type your shooting.

🔹I shoot a PP700 pistol, and that's what I ended up doing. 😊 I use a sock with rice (actually, plastic chips) that works great to rest the gun on any kind of structure.

➔ And if I really have to shoot it offhanded because there is no structure close-by, I use the ellbow joint rest: Right-handed, I turn my left side toward the target/quarry. I rest the barrel* on my left ellbow joint, allowing my eye to be close to the scope to use a normal rifle eye relief (instead of an extra long pistol eye relief).

*[Using a silencer on the pistol is a plus.]

So, depending on how you decide to hold you gun you will limit or expand your scope choices. 😊

Matthias

**I have an extensive Scope Specs List of really short and light scopes for close to mid range shooting, great to scope a pistol with rifle eye relief. 😊

Reactions: deadhorse
I don't want to beat a dead horse, but our OP with the striking screenname probably needs to decide one thing before buying a scope:

How he plans on holding the pistol! 😄

🔹Deadhorse, are you set on holding the pistol like a traditional "hand gun" — in one hand with an outstretched arm?

➔ Then you'll need a scope with an extra long pistol eye relief. And that cuts out 98% of the available scopes. And the ones available will not give you much selection of features, prices, etc. 😟 

🔹OR: Are you open to rest the gun on a gun rest, or a door frame/ wall/ window?

➔ That would allow you to use any scope with a "normal" rifle scope eye relief.

And then you get to have a vaaast selection of scopes,** with many different features for your type your shooting.

🔹I shoot a PP700 pistol, and that's what I ended up doing. 😊 I use a sock with rice (actually, plastic chips) that works great to rest the gun on any kind of structure.

➔ And if I really have to shoot it offhanded because there is no structure close-by, I use the ellbow joint rest: Right-handed, I turn my left side toward the target/quarry. I rest the barrel* on my left ellbow joint, allowing my eye to be close to the scope to use a normal rifle eye relief (instead of an extra long pistol eye relief).

*[Using a silencer on the pistol is a plus.]

So, depending on how you decide to hold you gun you will limit or expand your scope choices. 😊

Matthias

**I have an extensive Scope Specs List of really short and light scopes for close to mid range shooting, great to scope a pistol with rifle eye relief. 😊

Thank you, I plan on both, mostly from a bag sitting down on my shooting bench, but also out walking around getting some mice in my backyard at night, or out in my field and I have a shooting stick I can use. I would like decent eye relief but I imagine I can make 9"+ work. Most of the mice I get are at ranges of 10ft-60ft and my paper punching is done at 25yds

Reactions: .20calguy
Deadhorse,

you got me there with the 9"+ eye relief! That really sound like you need a true "pistol scope."

Of all the scope specs I collected on each scope (over 20), that the eye relief is the one spec I stopped keeping track of — because all scopes I looked at had an eye relief of 3.5"—4.X" (beside a few super short eye relief scopes).

I hope you find something good! 👍🏼

Matthias

Thank you, I plan on both, mostly from a bag sitting down on my shooting bench, but also out walking around getting some mice in my backyard at night, or out in my field and I have a shooting stick I can use. I would like decent eye relief but I imagine I can make 9"+ work. Most of the mice I get are at ranges of 10ft-60ft and my paper punching is done at 25yds
This pic is of my Simmons Pro Hunter, 2X6X32, at full arm extension. It is said to have a 20inch eye relief, 50 yards set parallax. It develops a ghost ring at 6X, which I use to compensate for parallax error. The ghost ring is not obnoxious, about 1/8 inch.
Screenshot_20230503_135325_YouTube.jpg

As lenweber2 stated, a reflex/red dot sight would be perfect for a 25 yards (or more) application.
If bullseye style shooting, use a 2 or 3 MOA dot. If shooting something larger, use a 4 thru 8 MOA dot.
The smaller the dot, the less it blots out the target. Most reflex/dots are not magnified, although there are some out there that can be found.
Using a reflex/dot sight is like cheating, very easy to pick up once used to using for a short time.
I use a tube style on my PB revolvers at 25 yard bullseye shooting and it is far and away a better sight picture.
mike