Looking for a PCP pistol in a form something like a Thompson Contender

The Marauder pistol comes to mind, although it doesn't have iron sights. A red dot might work for you. Maxed out, it is a 15fpe gun and it has an 8 shot magazine. About 24-30 shots near max power. Order on Friday for free shipping and use the link above to get a discount from Crosman (25% off for AGN members!!)

https://www.crosman.com/marauder-pcp-air-pistol-22-cal

OTOH, I am not a fan of reflex sights, and they're a little darker than straight glass (so the dot will show against it.) .that may make a difference for you if you are shooting indoors and under less than bright lite.

Cvlife on Amazon has a reflex sight for under 20.00...

https://www.amazon.com/CVLIFE-1X22X33-Green-Sight-Reflex/dp/B00A36MKUO

Slightly nose heavy - look at the Crosman 1701P. Technically it's a 10 meter gun, so it doesn't come with rear sights. It's accurate ( and I mean accurate) with a Lothar Walthar barrel. It is single shot, so no mag.

I have one, and for just practicing 10 meter with open sights, it's been great. It is slightly front heavy (as most PCP's will be) due to the air tank. It's a steel tank, so heavier than other guns with aluminum or carbon tanks.

It puts out about 6 foot pounds of energy. Shots an 8 grain .177 pellet at about 440 fps. so, good for confined spaces. low energy, enough to dispatch rats and such, but not enough to penetrate walls. You can adjust everything, but it comes pretty well adjusted for 10 meters.

I'd suggest looking at it, but the P-Rod (as suggested above) might fit your needs better. Only you can decide

Another vote for a 1701P . Indeed it WILL hit the target. Yes it's a single shot but at 50 yards if you miss a fly YOU missed, really that good.Pleasuant trigger. Might not be front heavy enough for you? You could fix that. 1720T sounds more like the weight distribution you want. Again single shot and staggering accuracy, it should shoot better than you ( unless your the truly exceptional shooter but if you are you'll like it for the intended purpose).

Very easy to adjust power levels on both, outstanding support I've never needed, screaming value if you shop well.

Let us know what you get.

john

I have the ranchero and a huma'd 1720 T. They are killers.

Took three ground squirrels this weekend with the edgun velez. Horses for courses, any one of these are amazing. The ranchero has killed rats to turkeys, the 1720T has vanquished voles to tree rats, and the velez is just a joy to carry. I've got to say, they all shoot better than me, and I'll never part willing with any of them! 

Certainly budget allowing most all the above.

FX has the clip, setable power levels, trigger, can be silent--sites???- $ covers anything.

1533022128_2251852965b600fb0de0489.47863457_06-10-2010 GOB 115.jpg

Custom rigs can cost less than you might think. Pretty sure this one could be clip fed, shot like ringing a bell and had a carbine stock to switch into

1533022274_13232194755b601042314962.15118538_06-10-2010 GOB 008.jpg

might look too "gun" like, but custom would get it your way

1533022339_14448021835b60108365c308.37836743_06-10-2010 GOB 027.jpg

I've seen a Theoben similar to the above with S&W looking sights installed.

Basically as 1720T

1533022446_10575198035b6010eecabbb7.93137016_06-10-2010 GOB 072.jpg

which to me has the most similar balance your seeking, but I had held a contender since the 70's.

If you did not need very precise shots everytime, in the Summer a Crosman 600 can work well for certain jobs.

John

Thank you all for your replies. I'm sure all of the recommendations are good and that any of them would satisfy my requirements.. I have however seen another pistol and it is exactly what I looking for, but without a magazine. It is single shot. Its main advantage is price. It is the Artemis PP700S-A and it is only $250. I am currently looking for availability. If any one here has any experience with it, let's hear from you.

You mean this guy? 
1533379259_5117782155b6582bb52a368.65612574_20180729_195511.jpg

I like it. The trigger is decent and can safely be adjusted to a little over a pound. Any less and it will go off with a light hit to the gun. It's very tunable with an adjustable regulator, hammer spring and transfer port. I haven't gotten into mine yet but I see potential for better performance than the gun is getting now. I hope this helps.

John

I have found a source and I have ordered one, but the distributor is on summer vacation, so the earliest I can expect delivery will be around the 20th of August. I have also ordered a silencer and an adapter to mount it. This only fits the PP700S-A., not the earlier PP700 models. This will be used for pest control and I have ordered it in .22. It is advertised at 590 ft/sec, but with a 28cm barrel length and an adjustable hammer, regulator and trigger, I'm pretty sure I can tune that up a bit. Max tank pressure is stated to be 207 Bar. I don't have the final price yet. It will be slightly more than in the US, but I'm sure reasonable.

Well, the Artemis PP700S-A pistol arrived. My first impressions are very good. It is simple, no safety, external hammer and fixed iron sights. As I stated earlier, I will be using iron sights for quick target acquisition and a wide field of view. The balance is exactly what I wanted, slightly nose heavy. The grip is super comfortable and is very easy to repeat your hold. The trigger is very good right out of the box. The pressure gauge reads way low. The tank is rated at 22Mpa and it is equipped with a safety valve that will bleed off everything over that. The iron sights that come with it are exactly parallel to the 10" barrel, which means you have to cover your target with the sights. Not too practical. The sights are fixed,. The rear sight uses the same dovetail as a Glock, so adding an adjustable rear sight should be easy. These sights are quite low on the shroud and the front sight is held in a longitudinal milled slot in the shroud and held by a flat head gun screw. The front sight base is 3mm thick. This allowed me to mill the sight base 1.3mm. So now, if I hold on the bottom of a 2" bull at 20 yds, I place the pellets in the center. Interestingly, the front sight was heat treated and was quite hard. I was impressed.

It is single shot, but very easy to load. I am using a pellet pen. It also has an 11mm rail for scopes, if you are so inclined. I get about 30 shots per charge as it was delivered. My gun is in .22 and I am using JSB Jumbos at 15 gr. It is advertised in .22 to be 600 fps. It feels faster, but I'll check and get back to the forum. So far, so good. It is very hard to beat at $250.