Looking for a part - dunno what to call it.

Hey guys, y'all are a lot smarter than I am - so I am asking for your help. I have a gold filter that is larger then the tank of two of my guns, and is almost as large as the bottle on my big gun.

Long explanation short... I run the snot out of my Nomad/Traveler pump to fill a gun, only to lose the pressure I built up in the gold filter housing every time I take the gun off the fill whip. Not a big deal for short sessions, but I am spending 3x longer to till the guns and am needlessly running the limited life span pump. Fill time is not the driving issue, rather the wasted mechanical wear and tear that I would not need if I could keep the gold filter at pressure. I am looking for an inline cut off valve to put on the whip between the gold filter and the gun - with foster fittings of course.

Thanks guys - hope that makes more sense to you that it does to me.

What you are thinking of doing MAY RUIN your compressor faster than wasting time and additional wear like you currently are. You asked the question and I answered it.

Why do you think with YONG HENGS and other big compressors you don't want to have a load of back pressure waiting when you turn it on? How long can you hold in a gigantic humongous gut busting intestinal cramping excruciating painful FART? SEE WHAT HAPPENS!

That is unless you buy 2 inline adjustable paintball regulators one on each end of your gold filter that is. Shut both off to zero when done filling but how you gonna bleed to disconnect your gun?

Edit - yea inline bleeder by the gun end of that gold filter then adjustable regulator to the one end of gold filter...

If you fill guns only, then I would suggest you to get a smaller filter. In my case the small black filter was not out yet when I got my Yong Heng so I had to do something to the big gold filter. I added a needle valve to the outlet like what you have described. The valve is said be rated for 6000 psi. I bought it from on-line shops in China. Cost was about $35. Works well so far except that it leaks a tiny bit when the knob is turned. Hope you can get something alike elsewhere.

Needle valve + bleed valve in my set up : 

1594537565_7838064655f0ab65dcd50c2.16833488.jpg

If you fill guns only, then I would suggest you to get a smaller filter. In my case the small black filter was not out yet when I got my Yogn Heng so I had to do something to the big gold filter. I added a needle valve to the outlet like what you have described. It's said to be rated for 6000 psi. I bought it from on-line shops in China. Cost was about $20. Works well so far except that it leaks a tiny bit when the knob is turned. Hope you can get something alike elsewhere.

Needle valve + bleed valve in my set up : 

1594537565_7838064655f0ab65dcd50c2.16833488.jpg

Take that knob off and flip that delrin washer around and if that doesn't fix it replace it with a thicker one. If it's a squashed o-ring then replace it with a 90 durameter one from a hydraulic/air equipment supply shop. If it's leaking at the threads Teflon tape works.

Take that knob off and flip that delrin washer around and if that doesn't fix it replace it with a thicker one. If it's a squashed o-ring then replace it with a 90 durameter one from a hydraulic/air equipment supply shop. If it's leaking at the threads Teflon tape works.

I have tried to take it apart but couldn't. As it does not leak when the knob is not turned so it's not a significant problem. 

I recommend getting a smaller filter as well. This is what I use when filling bigger bottles. I think it is what you may be looking for.
1594539429_15597934135f0abda5d6cf65.84203403.jpg
Mine is set up with male to male fittings. It has a check valve in the bottom one. It can be configured male to female if you like. I install it between the compressor and filter so I can switch it off and restart it any time I like without stressing the motor. It doesn't leak and can be left pressurised for extended periods if required although I wouldn't recommend that for safety reasons. I think that I paid less than $30 AUD including shipping but the price has risen a little lately. https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000125018554.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.27424c4dHTFAPU and this from the same supplier. https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32982260985.html?spm=a2g0o.detail.1000060.1.26ba5c54tyEXSe&gps-id=pcDetailBottomMoreThisSeller&scm=1007.13339.146401.0&scm_id=1007.13339.146401.0&scm-url=1007.13339.146401.0&pvid=b64cd890-6140-4228-81f1-e6f1f1cdefcf&_t=gps-id:pcDetailBottomMoreThisSeller,scm-url:1007.13339.146401.0,pvid:b64cd890-6140-4228-81f1-e6f1f1cdefcf,tpp_buckets:668%230%23131923%2358_668%23808%235965%23492_668%23888%233325%2313_668%232846%238113%23645_668%232717%237559%2317_

Maybe not such a good idea after all. Must think on it some more. I do see warning about the issue with starting the pump at full pressure in the line.

The P-rod has a tiny tank. I feel that I lose a lot of air from the scba due to the volume in the whip when I fill the Prod repeatedly. My Nemesis takes the scba from 4300 psi down to 3600 psi with in a few top offs (or one fill from empty) I have been direct pumping the Nemesis for that reason. The Hatsan Flash, Kral PB, Mrod and Prod usually eat out of the scba. I do not want to leave the whip under pressure for extended periods. Thanks for the ideas - gonna think on it more.

Maybe not such a good idea after all. Must think on it some more. I do see warning about the issue with starting the pump at full pressure in the line.

The P-rod has a tiny tank. I feel that I lose a lot of air from the scba due to the volume in the whip when I fill the Prod repeatedly. My Nemesis takes the scba from 4300 psi down to 3600 psi with in a few top offs (or one fill from empty) I have been direct pumping the Nemesis for that reason. The Hatsan Flash, Kral PB, Mrod and Prod usually eat out of the scba. I do not want to leave the whip under pressure for extended periods. Thanks for the ideas - gonna think on it more.

Yeah, my idea won't help with keeping the filter pressurised when you disconnect it from your gun. It will, however, let you stop and depressurise the line back to the pump so it can be restarted without load on it. Airgunfans method with the valve-cock is the only way to achieve what you want to do. It just isn't necessary to use a filter that big for direct gun filling. I have one of those big gold units but only use it when I need to fill one of my 6.8-litre bottles from empty. I use a smaller one when topping off. I never direct fill, preferring to fire the compressor up less frequently for longer run times. It's probably the opposite of the best practice with a pump like the Nomad.