Looking for A new rifle

What's up group, my Dad is looking for a sub 12 foot pound rifle to do some pesting at the house. No more than 15 yards, and doesn't want to acquire extra gear like a compressed air, so a springer or a pump would be the best. Squirrel and rats nothing more challenging. Price is no big deal and I was going to get him something like a Air Arms TX200 but that's over kill and the pass thru would go right thru the wall even if it was a dead on head shot. Any suggestions? He will definitely be scoping it up and accuracy as always is king.

Thanks in advance.

Might as well be something well built and pleasant to shoot. My first thought is maybe HW30S Urban Pro package from AoA. I think it is just powerful enough for humane squirrel kills. Rats no problem.

Another smooth & pleasant shooter with more power and a small bottle which would be hand pump friendly is an AGT Vixen. Standard model would be plenty. Long model would give him more gun if he wants to do some plinking after his pesting.

Might also be a perfect scenario for a Brocock Ranger? Or even an HW44... But I don't have any personal experience with either of those.

i just gave my pop a diana chaser co2 177 to get moles and snakes around the farm ..most shots are close like 5-10 yards and he dont like shooting firearms at his place .. i think its just right .. a 30y shot on a squirrel may be pushing it, but rats in the shed, or moles 12ft away, perfect, and the price is right lol ...

IMG_20220427_163515.1651108222.jpg

If you haven't bought your HW50, maybe consider a .22 cal Crosman 2400 CO2 carbine from the custom shop? I think that there is an AGN discount code available too. I really like mine for close quarters pest control. The one pictured below is in .22, gets somewhere between 50-60 shots/12g cylinder, and is very accurate with Crosman Premier Hollow Points (which you can pick up at any Wally World). My add-ons were a cheap red dot sight from Amazon and a TKO moderator. Donny FL makes barrel adapters for his excellent moderators as well. I've killed plenty of rats, pigeons, and english sparrows out to 25 yards with this setup. In total, less than $200, and I don't worry about messing up the plastic stock (quite a sturdy little gun). I also have a Diana Chaser in .22cal, which also sports the same cheap Amazon red dot...another pest killer that is magazine fed.

PXL_20220430_2155254252.1651356111.jpg

What's up group, my Dad is looking for a sub 12 foot pound rifle to do some pesting at the house. No more than 15 yards, and doesn't want to acquire extra gear like a compressed air, so a springer or a pump would be the best. Squirrel and rats nothing more challenging. Price is no big deal and I was going to get him something like a Air Arms TX200 but that's over kill and the pass thru would go right thru the wall even if it was a dead on head shot. Any suggestions? He will definitely be scoping it up and accuracy as always is king.

Thanks in advance.
AA 200 in walnut is a beautiful rifle. You can buy sub 12 pound springs. You cant go wrong with that rifle. I would check with Macarri for springs.

Reactions: Ginuwine1969