• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Looking for a new optic

9C4D7E34-3AB5-4096-ABE1-A10BAB413605.1609290781.jpeg

They shipped mine out the next day which was Monday.....here is a parallax side wheel from MK Machining that makes these for all models of Athlon scopes, cheap too around 15, can get them from Amazon or eBay FYI...also a throw lever for magnification.

I have never looked through a Midas Tac but I have shot with a Viper PST Gen2 and I have heard they are close. I wouldn’t even consider the Strike Eagle, your Diamondback is better. $1149 gets you a Cronus and it’s noticeably better than the others mentioned. I have resisted buying a Cronus, the sale price makes it tough to resist. If they reduce it any more I will be ordering one. 

After you get your $209 Alpha6 I bet you side by side it with the Cronus you may think there's not that much difference. Be sure to buy your Cronus from return friendly dealer you probably find it for $1000 if you take all my hints. The Cronus has a 25 yard focus FYI.

If you side by side with the Vortex PST Gen2 you may think the A6 glass appears nicer.

I need this scope to be FFP, so that eliminates the Alpha 6. Also 25 yard focus is fine, this isn’t going on an air rifle. And the turrets need to be functional, so there goes most made in china scopes. I’m all ears if you have a suggestion. And I agree on the Viper PST, glass was meh.

Does cameraland ship pretty fast?

Yes they do normally, but it's the holiday season so if you need it quick you might call and ask about rates, backlog, etc.

Also if you called you might get better pricing.

Mention via phone call Rimfire Central or Snipers Hide forum for possible $50-$100 off.

9C4D7E34-3AB5-4096-ABE1-A10BAB413605.1609290781.jpeg

They shipped mine out the next day which was Monday.....here is a parallax side wheel from MK Machining that makes these for all models of Athlon scopes, cheap too around 15, can get them from Amazon or eBay FYI...also a throw lever for magnification.

Is that an Ares BTR? And that’s one nice rifle you have.

Yes, a Gen2 Ares BTR 2.5-15x50 FFP MOA APLR3 👍 really clear glass....thank you!

The Midas and Ares look like they got the same glass to me.

Midas is the better deal IMHO.

Cronus is definitely hands down better scope period! Buy it is you can afford it so there can be no regrets in life!!!

The Chinese non Cronus are way overpriced for what you get IMHO. 

The Cronus used to be $1700-$1800 so that alone SHOULD tell you what caliber level of scope the Japan made Cronus is and what kind of a deal you are getting at the much lowered cheaper price.

The only scope that can beat it is the Tract Toric for $1694.00 and Nightforce NX8 in the JUST AT $2000 price point.

any experience on the cronus vs the ares/midas tac i'm probably just going with the ares or midas but cannot decide which someone make up my mind lol

If you don't need illumination get the Midas TAC.

Yep the Cronus is superior in some ways, particularly the glass, amount of turret travel, and it has daylight bright illumination.

But the Ares ETR is an exceptional scope too, just "slightly" behind the Cronus. No question that it is the best the Chinese have to offer right now. There are a bunch of other scopes made in other countries that flat out don't give the impression that they are made as well, that's how good the ETR is. Yes the glass is superior than the Ares BTR G2! 

I ended up buying the vortex 5-25 viper pst gen 2, it was the scope I had in mind originally. So I came here and was recommended athlon a lot but I could not make my mind up on which athlon scope to buy so I just went with the vortex. Hopefully I enjoy it and didn’t make a mistake.

Congratulations! The Gen2 PST is a great scope, these and the Athlon Ares models are in direct competition so they should be very close in all specs 👍. Enjoy!

I ended up buying the vortex 5-25 viper pst gen 2, it was the scope I had in mind originally. So I came here and was recommended athlon a lot but I could not make my mind up on which athlon scope to buy so I just went with the vortex. Hopefully I enjoy it and didn’t make a mistake.

Don't tell Cyclops...

OH DO NOT WATCH his Vortex bashing Video!!!

I would cancel that Vortex and buy a $1099 Crimson Trace on sale for half price $550.

If you bought it brand new for WTH? $824.99??? (what??? they JUST uppity upped it from $779!!!) with free shipping you got 30 days FREE return as stated on the listing they usually got good return policy.

https://www.ebay.com/p/24027038847

The $550 ($1099 regular price) Crimson Trace got better glass than the $1499 Element Nexus.

You need a Tract Toric Or Nightforce NX8 to better it for scopes under $2000. 

https://www.airgunnation.com/topic/sightmark-citadel-3-18x50-lr2-riflescope/?referrer=1

The made in Philipines Vortex Viper PST Gen2 has a 25 yard or farther minimum focus.

Don't tell Cyclops...

OH DO NOT WATCH his Vortex bashing Video!!!

😂😂😂

Specific issues to look out for with the Viper PST Gen2 potential turret inner and outer housing breaking inner shaft and potential parallax error and potential super stiff zoom even with throw lever and parallax wheel even with big side wheel installed.

GOOD NEWS! Vortex has such a great warranty for all their potential issues You might end up just knowing memorize Vortex phone number in your head just like most Vortex owners do.