• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back to a traditional "Forum List" view, and/or "Light" mode click HERE.

looking for a good semi-auto

I have a Benjamin Marauder Semi Auto and it has performed flawlessly both before and after I tinkered with the airflow and spring pressure. It shoots Crosman Premier pellets in the same hole at 20 yards. If you order today there's still a Black Friday 25% off deal to be had. $625.00 to your door. 

https://www.crosman.com/product/benjamin-marauder-semi-automatic-22

The 4+lb trigger on the AEA would be a deal breaker for me, that's just awful. Having a semi auto is nice under certain circumstances but not necessary for me. I use a ton of different airguns and have never been out in the hills shooting a repeater and wished I had a semi auto. The LCS is a neat gun and has treated me very well as a semi auto but you will go through a ton of air and pellets. If you plan to be using a hand pump or inexpensive compressor I would suggest finding something that has a tube rather than a bottle, much easier to fill. I wouldn't recommend a semi auto to anyone without a good reliable way to fill. Plenty of great non semi auto guns on the market for a fair price.

nobody has mentioned a Umarex Gauntlet offers the performance of $1,000+ PCPs for an MSRP of just $299. Use a high pressure air hand pump, such as the Umarex SuperFill Hand Pump ...

if just back yard plinking and a bit of pesting this is a great gun . It was my first pcp and i still have it with 3 mags (easy to load) and does not take a lot of effort to pump up just dont let it get below 1/2 fill (lot of .22 pellets in 1/2 fill ) easy 30 or 40 yard minute of squirrel accuracy.

The 4+lb trigger on the AEA would be a deal breaker for me, that's just awful.

No argument here. I usually can get a 22 semiauto trigger less than 3. This trigger is very similar to those designs I'm not done with that yet. I was just pointing out this trigger came out of the box half the pull weight that you read about on the nets. Either those guys got a bad gun or they were guestimating actual trigger pull.