Looking for a Fill Probe for Walther Maximathor .22

Hope this is the right section in which to post this. Need a fill probe for Walther Maximathor .22. Long story, not happy. If anyone has one please let me know. Have been told the probe for the RM8 won't work. Does anyone know if it can be modified? If not, does anyone know if the gun can be modded to use a different connector? Thanks.

On another note, is anyone besides me unhappy with the lack of parts availability for this gun? Five-year old gun that's been discontinued and you can't even get seals for it? Seems a convenient and cost-effective way to avoid that pesky lifetime warranty to me. If you can't get seals you won't put much wear and tear on the covered parts, will you? And if you use aftermarket parts well, there goes your warranty! Likely to keep me from ever buying another Walther. I'm new to air guns so maybe I'm wrong, would like to hear what anyone else has to say.

Note that the title on the listing from China mentions the RM8, R8, etc. but not the Maximathor. The UK listing does mention the Maximathor. Wouldn't matter anyway because it's out of stock indefinitely. I contacted a gunsmith in the UK I've gotten parts from before to check because I know the probe o-rings have different part numbers. They're able to get directly from Umarex Germany and seem to have a little better luck getting parts in than here. They confirmed that the RM8 etc. probe doesn't work with the Maximathor and they don't have the Maximathor probe in stock. Said every time they try to order a Maximathor probe Umarex sends them the RM8 probe and they have to send it back.

On the plus side, I'm supposed to have a Maximathor probe headed my way. There's a guy here semi-locally who should be able to copy it. If it's the right probe I'm going to get him to make a couple extra. That way I'll have a spare and an extra for anyone else that finds themself in the same boat! It's a neat gun, I'm going to try to keep it working till I'm too old to see what I'm aiming at ha ha.

Well, that's some interesting and useful information right there. I've been looking like the devil for the Maximathor fill probe number because my exploded view doesn't show it and it doesn't have the parts list table that's on the one you linked to. When Bagnall & Kirkwood told me they weren't the same probe I had no part number for the Maximathor so I kept looking. Good to know they're the same. thank you. I bookmarked that link and downloaded that pdf onto my tablet so fast it would make your head spin.

I am certainly not going to claim the Umarex catalog is correct. The dealers maybe correct on them being different, and the catalog may just explain why Umarex keeps sending the wrong part.

If you look on the bisley-uk site they also have exploded views for the Rotex RM8 and the Reign. They are just to small on my phone for me to read the part number on their probes. On a PC/tablet they maybe readable, and may help in your hunt.

Edit: maybe with the correct part number umarexusa maybe worth calling.

Last edited:
Edit: maybe with the correct part number umarexusa maybe worth calling.

Yeah, that's part of the fun. Tried that weeks ago. They're apparently no longer the distributor in the US, they have nothing. Told me to try Pyramid, and they have next to nothing. That's why I started looking i the UK. Hence my frustration with a gun that's not very old but has basically zero support.

Yeah, I don't get it either especially since the guys in the UK are dealing with Umarex Germany. Just repeating what I was told. Assuming the US entity is a wholly owned subsidiary or completely different entity and there's a licensing agreement or similar. Starting to see why I said I wouldn't buy another Walther? Which is a shame because this is a nice gun. Beautiful and an absolute beast. I want to keep this one up and running but I don't need a second headache ha!

Reactions: d3vnull