• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Looking for a clone or something similar to the BSA 6-24X44 Tactical 10/11/18

Before I even get started, I know my good buddy Joe at Cyclops Videos did a review on the BSA 3-12 x44 and he had a really bad experience with their service department.

But all that aside I've had a BSA 6-24x44 Tactical (2nd focal plane) since late 2014 and it has served me well. In fact it's so good I keep it on my Colibri as it just fits the gun perfectly. Also, my eyesight is so poor that I keep it on 24 power most of the time as I'm a plinker , paper target shooter more than a hunter. At 24 power she's clear as a bell. Shooting grapes at 50 yds with this setup is a breeze!

1539284524_19747856215bbf9e2c92aa79.98300414_14523187_1370663326278643_7741880874873875740_n.jpg

Now when I bought this scope around Christmas 2014 it was on sale at Midway for $129.99......yep $120 off the original $249.99 price. So that was one of the reasons I jumped on it , not to mention there were lots of Bullpup shooters on another forum who swore by it at the time.

It's been a dang fine scope for the last 4 years and I was just looking online to find they don't offer this scope anymore?

So that being said, is there anyone out there who knows if another company makes this same scope under a different name brand? Or is there anything similar in size and at least 24 power for about the same cost?

Thanks guys

Jimmy

PS...here's the discontinued link

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/962234/bsa-tactical-mil-dot-rifle-scope-30mm-tube-6-24x-44mm-side-focus-glass-etched-mil-dot-reticle-matte

I'm considering trying out the 6x24x50 from twod or cvlife on Amazon. There are a few video reviews out there. One of Joe's cyclops vids and one from Kenny K.

There are also a few vids by elitist PB shooters smashing them with hammers, dunking them in ice water, throwing them at their dog, lawnmowers and other such stupidity and they still seem to hold poi or nearly so. Not much can be learned from the stupidity, but the air gun reviews are very informative.

Mike, Eddie, Tweeter and Bud, appreciate the info guys.

Tweeter, Thanks for the heads up on the Mueller. It's pretty darn close to the BSA. About 1 inch longer and weighs about 6 ounces more. Not bad, plus it's more power for my aging eyes. I'll keep this one on my radar for sure!

Would have to make sure I got the Mil-Dot reticle instead of the target dot for my needs. I like the 1/8 clicks too!

I sure am glad I checked on my post this morning, because I didn't get any email notifications of the replies?

Thanks guys

Jimmy

Thanks for your replying to my other post.

I can further verify the kinship between the BSA and Mueller.

I have a Mueller and BSA both are 8-32x44SF as well as the 4-14x44 BSA.

It appears as though they are from the same parent company. Perhaps grandparents.

I think they are worth the money in the $200 range.

The BSA 4-14x has a nicer reticle though sort of S-Tac-ish while the others have regular plain mildot

nothing fancy like the Hawkes and some UTGs have.

CA

Reactions: CampFussell
Wow guys, I don't know why AGN isn't sending me email notifications when there's a post? Sorry I'm late checking in and good thing I checked because you guys are giving me some really good info.

Thanks so much for your help Norman, Mike and CSexton

Wow Norman, I thought you had found the deal of the century till I saw Mike's find at the $100 mark. Looks too good to be true? I see they are 0 available at the moment though?

That Discovery VT-2 6-24X44 looks like something I might want to look into as well!

Again, thanks a bunch guys!

Jimmy

PS...I checked the box to notify me of follow up replies via email, but I'm not getting any??????