Looking for a big bore

The last week or so, I have started my search for a new big bore rifle. I would like some input from those you that know more about these than I do. I’m looking for accuracy. I currently shoot an FX Royale 500 .25 cal.
This is a list of items I know I want so far; (I will probably add to it when I receive replies)1. Caliber .35 or .3082. Distance for shooting: 100 to 200 yards3. Single shot is fine. Some .35’s are offered with a magazine.4. I would like to get at least 4-6 shots before having to refill.5. Good trigger, 2.5lbs or less.6. I prefer the classic look such as Extreme Big Bore, Quackenbush or Slayer Hi-Power. However, the Slayer Bullpup is also offered in .35 & .308. The Quackenbush is probably out of the question since his waiting even posted right now.
I have read some articles on some of the big bores, but some folks are talking about accuracy between 75 to 100 yards. With my current rifle this is no problem, but I want to really reach out there with a rifle that is made to do the job accurately at 200 yards. I know I could stretch the Royale out that far, but that’s not what I’m looking to do.

Ok. I haven't hunted for awhile also. I decided on a 30 cal for long range plinking. I had a 45 cal but after I decided not to hunt I sold it because of the cost of bullets and air hogging. I ended up getting a 30 cal Hatsan and having a lot of modifications done to it. After I finish, I expect it to get 14 shots averaging 100 FPE. But I'm more concerned with long range accuracy than power for the sake of power.

"blackdiesel"Ok. I haven't hunted for awhile also. I decided on a 30 cal for long range plinking. I had a 45 cal but after I decided not to hunt I sold it because of the cost of bullets and air hogging. I ended up getting a 30 cal Hatsan and having a lot of modifications done to it. After I finish, I expect it to get 14 shots averaging 100 FPE. But I'm more concerned with long range accuracy than power for the sake of power.
Which Hatsan? 14 shots is good. 
Do you plan on slugs or pellets?
I agree with the accuracy, that's what I'm looking for. In the GTA forum they are discussing the Slayer .35 at 200 yards; http://www.gatewaytoairguns.org/GTA/index.php?topic=92715.0

It's the Hatsan 30 cal BT65. In factory tune it was shooting 21 shots at 73 FPE. I shot 150 yards before it went under the knife and it seemed to be very good at long range. I plan on using the 50 gr pellets primarily although I'm investigating a mold for 30 cal that Bob Sterne developed. So far I haven't found anyone that uses it and I'm hesitant to buy a $100+ mold that makes bullets that may not shoot well in my gun. I have a tuned Career Ultra that puts out 180 FPE but I haven't gotten good results past 100 yards with it. It's very accurate but I haven't been able to tame the recoil enough for long range and it's an air hog.

"Nomadic Pirate"A gun I would look into if I where you is the Recluse .357 with the 500cc tank, there's tons of .357 cast bullets for sale out there and than you have the JSB pellet and the roundballs
I'm not a Sam Yang fan. I would rather stay with the conventional style or the Slayer bullpup.
When you were testing the Slayer bullpup, what was the longest distance you were shooting and how accurate was it?

"jimreed1948"
"Nomadic Pirate"A gun I would look into if I where you is the Recluse .357 with the 500cc tank, there's tons of .357 cast bullets for sale out there and than you have the JSB pellet and the roundballs
I'm not a Sam Yang fan. I would rather stay with the conventional style or the Slayer bullpup.
When you were testing the Slayer bullpup, what was the longest distance you were shooting and how accurate was it?
The Slayer is the near or at the top of the mountain as for Big Bore guns, there's many threads going on long range shooting with the Slayer on the GTA

Which long range caliber really depends on the usage. Generally speaking 257 thu 45 caliber will have very similar drop characteristics provided they are driven at the same velocity, the bullets are of similar sectional density and shape. Lets look at the 257 and 45 shot @ 950 fps at 200 yards.

.458 cal 247 gr. - 494 FPE
.257 cal 78 gr. - 154 FPE

Drop:
7mm = -85.7
.45 = =.88.2
Delta 2.8%

Retained Energy
7mm = 74.5%
.45 = 69%
Delta 10%

5 mph crosswind:
7mm = 4.45"
45 = 5.71"
Delta 20%

The results are predictable but interesting. Drop is nearly insignificant with a small advantage to the 7mm. The 7mm retains more energy but the 45 squashes it with net fpe. Wind drift is where the clear 7mm advantage lies. 20% less!

If the raw take down power of the 45 is not needed the 7mm has the clear advantage for reaching out touching your game. The required down range energy is probably the most important factor in choosing a caliber not the BC.

Tom 

"slayer"Which long range caliber really depends on the usage. Generally speaking 257 thu 45 caliber will have very similar drop characteristics provided they are driven at the same velocity, the bullets are of similar sectional density and shape. Lets look at the 257 and 45 shot @ 950 fps at 200 yards.

.458 cal 247 gr. - 494 FPE
.257 cal 78 gr. - 154 FPE

Drop:
7mm = -85.7
.45 = =.88.2
Delta 2.8%

Retained Energy
7mm = 74.5%
.45 = 69%
Delta 10%

5 mph crosswind:
7mm = 4.45"
45 = 5.71"
Delta 20%

The results are predictable but interesting. Drop is nearly insignificant with a small advantage to the 7mm. The 7mm retains more energy but the 45 squashes it with net fpe. Wind drift is where the clear 7mm advantage lies. 20% less!

If the raw take down power of the 45 is not needed the 7mm has the clear advantage for reaching out touching your game. The required down range energy is probably the most important factor in choosing a caliber not the BC.

Tom 

Thanks for the numbers. That is interesting. Right now, I'm leaning towards the .257. I have read some really goods reports on the rifle up to 400 + yards. Not that I would shoot that far, but I would do 300 which this rifle would do. I'm not a big hunter any more so most of my shooting will be targets, flash targets, etc at long distances. So I'm looking more for accuracy at longer distances and not really concerned about the FPE for knock down power. The .257 will give me a larger shot count vs the 7 mm.

Before I make my final decision, I'll go to the shot show this year to see if any of the companies are coming out with a .257.