Looking for a .30 cal with these specifications

Hello all!

I recently took possession of a Kalibr Argus .30 cal that was returned due to a defect. I'm still looking for a high end .30 cal and having the Argus in hand has led me to have some additional desires:

• A shaft pellet probe as opposed to a pin probe. Pins are too delicate.
  • Unchoked.barrel.
  • Around 90-100fpe
  • Preferably, no bottle reservoir.
  • Preferably, polygonal barrel

Am I dreaming, or is the only thing that fits the bill the AGT Vulcan 2?

Not going to be much I don't think because most have a bottle as far as polygonal barrel could be added to about any of them aren't LW barrels polygonal

Yes the LW .30 cal is polygonal, and that's what attracted me to the Kalibr Argus. Maybe I just got a dud, and I should give them another shot. All that tweaking that the FX Maverick owners have to do, is not really my idea of fun, but maybe I just have to swallow the form factor to get the additional 26 fpe capability.

AAA evol tac .30 comes to my mind.It is not cheap and i am not sure what barrel it has but if i could afford it right now this is what i would choose.

Haven't heard a single bad thing about those.

Btw i also owned Vulcan Tactic 2 in .30 and have to send it back due to big vellocity spread and bad accuracy.When i received it back accuracy still wasn't what i expected so i sold it.

Otherwise i had good luck with other AGT products.

Regards Marko

If you don’t mind the length or the weight, I would suggest a raw. 
the probe is a solid shaft till it hits the barrel, then a pin extends and seats the pellet. So kind of a hybrid system.

I believe the current 30cal is poly. But u might want to have a conversation with Martin as to what ammo your going to shoot. For pellet his older traditional barrel might be the better choice. 
mayb a local shooting buddy has one you could try. 

Hello all!

I recently took possession of a Kalibr Argus .30 cal that was returned due to a defect. I'm still looking for a high end .30 cal and having the Argus in hand has led me to have some additional desires:

• Unchoked.barrel.
  • Around 90-100fpe

Sounds like your looking for an American Airarms EVOL 30cal to me .

Hello all!

• Unchoked.barrel.
  • Around 90-100fpe

It would seem that this airgun does check all your boxes off. With it's limited ownership and reviews, it does not have many negatives that I have read. From what you posted, it sounds as though you want a slug shooter. The one box that you need to add for consideration would be: what are the internal magazine dimensions (for optimal slug length)? This is a very limiting factor when looking at the larger bore slug shooters, especially if the magazine well is as narrow as most .30 calibers are. 

As a lot of people are suggesting, look to the AAA Evol model's. This is what I would recommend as well. The Evol's do have a pin probe, but they are engineered to high standards and not fragile in the least. If you can wait a few months, AAA is releasing an Evol HPS .30 caliber (slug model) which will be a top shelf hunter and bench rifle for sure.