Looking for a 22 that's not a barrel breaker, or PCP.

There’s only one current spring gun that checks all your boxes including lack of hold sensitivity and that’s the Diana 54. I have a 56T/H, same gun, different stock. Marvelous gun. My HW97K long barrel is as accurate, but it’s hold sensitive. Same with TX200 mentioned before. D54 or 56TH if you can find one are the only ones. Don’t have any knowledge of the current Crosman pumpers. But, where are those made? Assembled in USA I’m sure.

Edit: D54 in .22 should give you 23’ish FPE as well.

Get your grab an go DragonFly II 22 caliber rifle, grab the rifle along with a small can of pellets and GO have fun, nothing else is needed..........
There lots more horsepower under the hood of a DF II than any other pumper,
you just have to tune for it. YMMV

thats the sad thing about pumpers, they are pretty much as weak as co2

1688312521498.png

cant imagine how much of a lob it is with 21gr

thats the sad thing about pumpers, they are pretty much as weak as co2

View attachment 369410

cant imagine how much of a lob it is with 21gr
Mine is my "strongest" pumper so far😅
Still need to chrono it. But for what I personally got it for; it fits the bill to a tee

Each type of power plant has its upsides and downsides but I detest powerful springers and using multi pumps at higher power levels.
I didn't like the 48 and found it kind of obnoxious.
But the 54 being recoil-less is the springer I'd get if I had to make a choice for that type of power plant.

The multi's that dump all their air are more convenient on a lower power, like 2-3 pumps, but after that they start to become a PITA to use for me. I too would like that quick 2nd shot option and don't want to clack, clack, clack, clack, clack.... for an additional shot.

Best compromise to me would be the Seneca Aspen or similar, especially for hunting, because it has a magazine and is quicker to get a 2nd shot off than the 54.

Pcp's though are worth the extra expense with a compressor and tank. Though the tank isn't totally necessary. My daughter used to have a compressor that hooked up to the car battery and it was a great solution for filling the bottle on the gun which only took a few minutes and was quiet doing so.

Reactions: iAMzehTOASTY1
its not actually that bad of a lob if you keep it under 23yards

assuming you get 600fps with 18gn JSB heavies

according to this calculator it stays in half of an inch

chairgun might get you better questimate

Shooting .177 PCP rifle i would gladly take a shot at a smaller animal all the way out to 90 - 110 yards with the 13 grain slugs i normally shoot, with good wind conditions i have no problem having every shot on a 2" target.
I even shoot at flies at those distances, though i have only killed one so far, but i have scared the hell out of a lot of them for sure, though some times the damn thing dont even move, even if a hole its own size just appeared in the cardboard a few mm from it.

You will not get a follow up shot with a break barrel or a multi pump airgun, not even with a single shot PCP rifle, you really need a magazine to do that.

.177 is fine, if your rifle can push 20 grain at a high speed, then you are looking at 50 food pounds of smacking power, that will take down even a larger animal with good shot placement.
Also in .177 if you just shoot regular stuff / speeds, well you get a lot more shots on a fill, thats a big deal even if you are young / fit and have a foot pump.
and if you are just having fun in the back yard, well you do not need a lot of power, and so you can even dial it back a little and gain even more shots on a fill.
You still be able to shoot a big hole in a paper 50 yards away.

The UK people shoot rabbits ASO with their 12 foot pound rifles just fine, and thats shooting them not sneaking up on them and hitting them over the head with the rifle.

Reactions: steve123
I started my reintroduction into bb/pellet guns a few years ago. Started with cheap black plastic rifles from China. Turns out these are short-lived throwaway mistakes. Crosman is a time-honored pellet rifle brand and I would personally be proud to own that 100 year anniversary pumper and would not look back. Could hand that one down to grandson and he the same, with just routine care. Can't do that with cheap plastic guns.

I started my reintroduction into bb/pellet guns a few years ago. Started with cheap black plastic rifles from China. Turns out these are short-lived throwaway mistakes. Crosman is a time-honored pellet rifle brand and I would personally be proud to own that 100 year anniversary pumper and would not look back. Could hand that one down to grandson and he the same, with just routine care. Can't do that with cheap plastic guns.

my crosman was made in china

Reactions: nobody1 and JDR
well i will be different here
i own 48-52-54 so there is no problem from me on the platform
but how about a Hammerli 850 new or old with a 2 x 12gr CO2 adapter you cannot beat it
any scope can be used has a mag not heavy very accurate
just an idea
Seems to be a heckuva gun. Were Umarex not involved I’d have probably bought one already. That would make it a hard, “No” for me.

...simple...get a Weihrauch HW90 gasram rifle...goes with a pump to determine your final powersetting...it is basically a one-stroke pneumatic airgun...

Gas ram = a big Clunk and 46 pounds cocking effort.

Still a large piston slamming forward but by an air spring vs a mechanical metal spring. The only thing missing is the sproingggg part.

The Crow Magnum I had was more obnoxious than a 48. Just a different kind of obnoxious.