• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Looking for a 22 that's not a barrel breaker, or PCP.

I'm fairly certain my Crow Mag had more than 46 pounds of cocking force and also remember being sore the next few days after enduring longer shooting sessions. No problem if taking the occasional shot here and there. Plinking hundreds of rounds - NO THANKYOU and that was 17 years ago when I was working hard full time as a Painting Contractor so my arms were in great shape.

I had a Daystate Sportsman over 20 years ago, its a multi, by the 8th pump its getting almost painful.

It's a personal thing and some people will tolerate what others won't. But like others mentioned there could be downsides to certain types of guns and now the OP has an idea of those.

well, this pretty much happend to me, been shooting in testing purposes these two days, and once i installed scope other day, the 2 hand cocking was no longer so effortless, i didnt even realise i was using two hands so much, so just woke up from the extented naps and notised my shoulder is bit sore
but im ok with that, better use it than lose it
also i removed the scope today, it changed the characterics of the recoil and balance so much that its less accurate to shoot with it than without
even if its hard to see targets and use open sights with my bad eyesight

you live and learn

Reactions: Gos
Ok, so after reading about "artillery hold" I'm thinking I should stay away from springers altogether. I pull in a gun tight. Trying to relearn how to hold a gun after 50+ years of center fire shooting just ain't gonna cut it. So, at least I'm down to pumpers. The selection process continues...
I understand the artillery hold thing. I shot powder burners for nearly that long too. Last year I bought an HW95 package with a scope. Had read about and watched AofA’s or Utah Airguns artillery hold video and took my first springer to the range. I have a very short attention span, concentration deficit or whatever gay word they call it now, and within 45 minutes was hitting 12ga shot shells at 50 yards. A starling would be significantly easier.
Maybe try someone’s springer before you give up on them. One stroke, load pellet and go. Pretty simple. I recently upgraded to an Air Arms TX200 in .22. Just plain outstanding rifle.

Reactions: Gos
I understand the artillery hold thing. I shot powder burners for nearly that long too. Last year I bought an HW95 package with a scope. Had read about and watched AofA’s or Utah Airguns artillery hold video and took my first springer to the range. I have a very short attention span, concentration deficit or whatever gay word they call it now, and within 45 minutes was hitting 12ga shot shells at 50 yards. A starling would be significantly easier.
Maybe try someone’s springer before you give up on them. One stroke, load pellet and go. Pretty simple. I recently upgraded to an Air Arms TX200 in .22. Just plain outstanding rifle.
Really wish I had a neighbor or two who was onto air guns, but no such luck. Around here, it's more like the AR15 crowd...