• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Looking for a 22 that's not a barrel breaker, or PCP.

why would anyone care about cocking effort is beyond me

pumping in other hand is also beyond, couldnt stand
Going to be 38 degrees C where I am in another hour or so. Come sit out in it and fire 100 pellets through my Hatsan 135QE Vortex with its 50 lb cocking effort. You’ll figure out why.

Reactions: Farmplinker2
Going to be 38 degrees C where I am in another hour or so. Come sit out in it and fire 100 pellets through my Hatsan 135QE Vortex with its 50 lb cocking effort. You’ll figure out why.

atleast you are having fun right?

too bad we only got below 30C last week, and i didnt have my 160bar vortex installed as it reaps havoc on internals and spills its guts
instead i shot all week with 140bar in a nicely conditioned shed, alto not an 100 a day, i wouldnt do that even with my vitalshot that has no effort what so ever (i shoot roughly 10-50shots an day, just depends, sometimes more, but when it gets to 100 it starts to feel like work, no matter the cocking effort)

yet still, i would shoot that 160bar if it worked properly, just too much recoil for mod65, might actually need to retest it as i just installed scope and nearly 1kg added weight on it, 4,66kg now, bit too much for my taste, and im considering lighter scope

was good day today btw, finally had money to buy some 5.52 JSB´s and they were all over the place, some cheaper pellets were performing better

Arthritis, or a torn shoulder socket come to mind.
From all the great suggestions offered here, it's looking like I really need to go back to exploring PCP Rifles in order to get what I'm after. Have a smooth 4th!

Reactions: scopecreep...
From all the great suggestions offered here, it's looking like I really need to go back to exploring PCP Rifles in order to get what I'm after. Have a smooth 4th!

if i had the money, there would be two options for me, Texan and FX, texan for high ppower and fx for quality, altho fx being in high demand and eu, might not be good choice for you

im not exactly aware of good US made pcps, and also i dont know how good quality texans really are, just that they are really powerfull

edit: i would only consider HP versions of FX too, as i see no reason to go pcp unless it has tons of ft/lb

1688419020517.png

ive seen lots of trad shooters in crossbow nation, due shred shoulders
they now has cranks in em, better suitable for bit bigger critters, but might be option if you are allready familiar with arrow stuff

If you want a PCP rifle that looks like a hunting rifle look at the Daystate Revere. There are regulated and unregulated versions depending how much you want to complicate things and how much you want to spend. I only own two PCPs, a Walther Maximathor .22 and a Logun MK II .22. Both look like hunting rifles so they have a small, about 270CC, air tube. Easily filled with a hand pump. If I ever add another PCP it will be a Daystate Revere.

If you want a PCP rifle that looks like a hunting rifle look at the Daystate Revere. There are regulated and unregulated versions depending how much you want to complicate things and how much you want to spend. I only own two PCPs, a Walther Maximathor .22 and a Logun MK II .22. Both look like hunting rifles so they have a small, about 270CC, air tube. Easily filled with a hand pump. If I ever add another PCP it will be a Daystate Revere.
Around $500 please...

Last edited:
Gos, sorry to break the news to you at this late stage of the game, but the PCP sport can be quite expensive, especially if you buy "new." That is why you hear the saying on here quite often . . . Buy once cry once . . . There is alot of "cheap" junk out there for sale that ends up in the throw away bin. I don't have enough experience to give an informed opinion on every rifle and compressor, but that Air Arms S410 I listed above is a rifle you can pass down from one generation to the next. Extremely accurate, well made and beautiful. If I was going to be a 1-gun PCP'r, that one would fill the bill. As for small compressors, I have had excellent performance and luck out of my GX CS4 compressor. When available I think I paid around $650. So for around $1400 you could be set up with a high quality rifle (comes with a scope) and a reliable air source and start shooting.

I forgot! The Seneca ASPEN!
Look that one up👀
That one I want to try for suuuuure!!
You're just throwing away your money on that one. While the pump never went out on me the check valves did and I could never get them to seal again. IMHO it's a P. O. S!!

Last edited:

I'm fairly certain my Crow Mag had more than 46 pounds of cocking force and also remember being sore the next few days after enduring longer shooting sessions. No problem if taking the occasional shot here and there. Plinking hundreds of rounds - NO THANKYOU and that was 17 years ago when I was working hard full time as a Painting Contractor so my arms were in great shape.

I had a Daystate Sportsman over 20 years ago, its a multi, by the 8th pump its getting almost painful.

It's a personal thing and some people will tolerate what others won't. But like others mentioned there could be downsides to certain types of guns and now the OP has an idea of those.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gos